Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Brodziak (C) 2 years/$1.15M AAV

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Brodz is a pro's pro. An excellent 4th liner and PK'er. Tough, physical, smart. Just don't expect him to be something he is not.
Haha yeah... we drafted and developed him and then got to watch him play out the best years of his career on other teams.

We recently did that with Jeff Petry as well.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Haha yeah... we drafted and developed him and then got to watch him play out the best years of his career on other teams.

What a colossal, horrible garbage trade. We gave Petry away for nothing and he had 12 goals 30 assists this year (also a -30 but still). I guarantee he would've been even better with us

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Petry is garbage...

That would have really helped our team primarily because of our need of a offensive right shooting guy.

Sucks Mac T managed to alienate Petry and screw up Schultz simultaneously to leave us barren of a team need.

I don't like either of those 2 but we needed at least one of them.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
What a colossal, horrible garbage trade. We gave Petry away for nothing and he had 12 goals 30 assists this year (also a -30 but still). I guarantee he would've been even better with us

I'll take it even a step further.

We might not have traded Hall, if we still had Petry.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Can Brodziak play wing if needed? or is Khaira going to the wing or who is the 3C if RNH is up with McDavid?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'll take it even a step further.

We might not have traded Hall, if we still had Petry.

Yes, but odds are they don't have McDavid then.

Nelson actually had the Oil playing decent up to the TDL, after Eakins was canned. Or we could go with MacT's explanation, and attribute the better success to the Klinkhammer acquisition...

But losing Petry removed the team's only reliable all-round defenceman. The team cratered after the TDL, as not even Klinkhammer could save them.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Kind of a stupid thing to bring up no?

We have McDavid on complete fluke.

We missed playoffs for 11 years, and any butterfly effect means we might not have McDavid.

Means you can't have any complaints about any personnel changes, trades, signees, or draftpicks before McDavid was drafted because otherwise we might not have McDavid.

This attitude means you completely approve of Tambellini, McTavish, and Eakins, because without them, we never would have had McDavid.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Kind of a stupid thing to bring up no?

We have McDavid on complete fluke.

We missed playoffs for 11 years, and any butterfly effect means we might not have McDavid.

Means you can't have any complaints about any personnel changes, trades, signees, or draftpicks before McDavid was drafted because otherwise we might not have McDavid.

This attitude means you completely approve of Tambellini, McTavish, and Eakins, because without them, we never would have had McDavid.
Then why are you bringing up something like we might have hall, and then when other people take it farther, you say isn't that a stupid thing to bring up no?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Upshall would probably be a good addition for league minimum as well. Brodziak and Upshall on the 4th line + either of Khaira/Kassian would likely be the best 4th line in the NHL.

Reactions: MisterD

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Upshall would probably be a good addition for league minimum as well. Brodziak and Upshall on the 4th line + either of Khaira/Kassian would likely be the best 4th line in the NHL.

There are a half a dozen guys I’d be good with inviting on a PTO.

I don’t particularly like the fact that Bouma and Colborne’s names keep coming up though.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Short training camp, I cannot see there being anywhere near 6 PTOs...maybe 1 or 2 at most I think.

Pretty sure he didn't mean they should actually invite 6... he just likely meant there's at least 6 decent options out there that would make good PTO's.

My own "half dozen" list would probably look something like this:

Stajan
Bouma
Hansen
Read
Winnik
Hartnell

Reactions: The Nuge

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Oh!! If Scott Hartnell gets invited and he makes the team....

Can we call him Shartnell?

BTW Hansen's goal scoring song should be mmmbop

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Petry was three years ago and a UFA. If you are going to take a shot at the organization surely you can do better than that.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Anyone wondering if Brodziak is a guy who has a similar effect in the room that Matty Hendricks had? St. Louis is really stuggling and Edmonton is back to where they were 2 seasons ago. I know there are a lot of other variables in play, but Brodziak strikes me as a great vet to have in the room. Knows his role and is a warrior on the 4th line.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Anyone wondering if Brodziak is a guy who has a similar effect in the room that Matty Hendricks had? St. Louis is really stuggling and Edmonton is back to where they were 2 seasons ago. I know there are a lot of other variables in play, but Brodziak strikes me as a great vet to have in the room. Knows his role and is a warrior on the 4th line.

Anyone that has played hockey or a similar violent team sport like rugby or football knows exactly how important it is to have character guys like that in the room.

No analytics will ever capture this effect and those who deny it are likely spreadsheet nerds who have never actually been in a locker room.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The Reider and Brodziak signings are finally correcting 2 wrongs that occurred many years ago. Neither player should ever have left this organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad