Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Alex Chiasson to PTO

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Chiasson vs Upshall for that 14th F spot I guess. Although I could also be a little insurance in case a guy like Rattie or Aberg just doesn't look like they belong on an NHL roster once camp gets going.

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
No harm in giving him an opportunity. Could be a very cheap replacement for Kassian, if they decide to move him.

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
This great, no risk here. Always thought Chiasson would turn into a Benoit Pouliot type guy, but that hasn't happened.

6'4"
210 lbs
27 years old

How is his skating?

Lots of NHL experience.

Reactions: KYams17

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008
Big body, physical, can pk, won a stanley cup.

Not a ton of downside here, other than flames fans complaining that he takes a lot of inopportune penalties

But we need bottom six depth. Chia has definitely addressed that need this year.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Chia's son? Don't hate it. Once upon a time he was one of Dallas' most promising young wingers. Now he's just a big guy who can fill in on special teams. Has the ability to be a Pitlick clone who's more effective on the PK.

Reactions: Crude and shoop

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This team loves Caggiula. I don't think he's an NHLer either, but considering the contract they gave him in the summer it's clear they see him as a full time NHLer
Stauffer apparently was talking about us moving two forwards. Adding Upshall and Chiasson as PTO's could make even more sense if he's right.

I just question who are these forwards? Is Caggiula one? Kassian?

Also, in all honesty if Rattie can't produce in the top 6, Chiasson can at least play a role in the bottom 6

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Chia's son? Don't hate it. Once upon a time he was one of Dallas' most promising young wingers. Now he's just a big guy who can fill in on special teams. Has the ability to be a Pitlick clone with more ability on the PK.
Don't think he plays as physical as Pitlick and Pits was playing PK last year.

Think I'd prefer Pits

greengoblin

Jan 20, 2017
Here we go. Time to get all of water cooler boys together. Let's put pen to paper and get the preparations ready for the parade.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Stauffer apparently was talking about us moving two forwards. Adding Upshall and Chiasson as PTO's could make even more sense if he's right.

I just question who are these forwards? Is Caggiula one? Kassian?

Also, in all honesty if Rattie can't produce in the top 6, Chiasson can at least play a role in the bottom 6

Strome and Caggiula/Kassian for Faulk

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Don't think he plays as physical as Pitlick and Pits was playing PK last year.

Think I'd prefer Pits
I'd call it a toss up. Pitlick has the injury risk following him around as well.

I'm interested to see if they give the guy a shot in the top six. Pitlick bombed there, but everyone should get a shot to see if they click.

It's a PTO though. We'll see. Personally I'd prefer to grab Brett Ritchie from Dallas.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Chiasson still has some game...a PTO is an excellent idea for this player. With the cap situation the way it is PTO's are really the only option left for the team until there is some player movement.

Way too many PTO's IMO for there not to be something brewing on the trade front.

Reactions: LaGu and shoop

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Chia's son? Don't hate it. Once upon a time he was one of Dallas' most promising young wingers. Now he's just a big guy who can fill in on special teams. Has the ability to be a Pitlick clone who's more effective on the PK.

Chia's son...nice. :D
Makes you wonder what took so long for him to get here.

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
1 less goal than Lucic in 21 less games without all the gifted top unit PP time and attachment to elite talents so sure why not? At the very least, it'll push the young guys to earn spots.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Stick him in front of the net and let him bounce pucks. Anything other than Lucic on the PP should suffice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->