Proposal: Oilers - Sens

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
2nd would have to be 2020 IMO and Sens could get that from another team.

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
2nd would have to be 2020 IMO and Sens could get that from another team.

Not neccesarily. It depends on if any other player could land a 2nd. Pageau, Namestnikov and maybe Demelo, (not sure on that one) could potentially land 2nd round picks.

Ottawa needs lots of picks in the next 2-3 drafts, so a 2021 2nd would be ok, but adding another 2020 2nd is likely more of a priority.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Not neccesarily. It depends on if any other player could land a 2nd. Pageau, Namestnikov and maybe Demelo, (not sure on that one) could potentially land 2nd round picks.

Ottawa needs lots of picks in the next 2-3 drafts, so a 2021 2nd would be ok, but adding another 2020 2nd is likely more of a priority.

Vegas has an extra pick in the 2nd round and 3rd round and could need another veteran RD nearer the deadline, Demelo is a RD right?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I was told in the other thread that Oilers need to move some salary too.

Sam Gagner, poolparty +2nd in 2021
for
Tierney + Szwarz + 6th in 2020 (why the extra pick? Because Dorion gives them away like dipping sauces)

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I was told in the other thread that Oilers need to move some salary too.

Sam Gagner, poolparty +2nd in 2021
for
Tierney + Szwarz + 6th in 2020 (why the extra pick? Because Dorion gives them away like dipping sauces)

Too much for Tierney. Szwarz and a 6th does nothing for the Oilers except take up a contract spot. JP + 2nd is too much for Tierney. If it came down to it the Oilers could make some roster moves and or move out a guy like Gagner, Granlund, Manning or Benning to clear enough cap to take on Tierney.

Reactions: 780il

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
I think a 2nd + a decent prospect is going to be the minimum Tierney gets at the deadline he's 25 an RFA and a good 2nd/3rd line center with a good faceoff % and is at 59% so far this year. Ideally he is your 3rd line guy and on your 1st PK.

If I had to guess at the deadline he gets what Dzingel got 2 2nds + underwhelming young player/prospect with potential

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think a 2nd + a decent prospect is going to be the minimum Tierney gets at the deadline he's 25 an RFA and a good 2nd/3rd line center with a good faceoff % and is at 59% so far this year. Ideally he is your 3rd line guy and on your 1st PK.

If I had to guess at the deadline he gets what Dzingel got 2 2nds + underwhelming young player/prospect with potential

Dzingel was on like a 30 goal, 55 point pace when he was dealt. Top 6 scoring forwards and more valuable than 3rd line centers.
I'd expect a 2nd rounder+ small add for Tierney.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Ottawa is having a hard time filling their roster with NHL players, even bad ones. They will have the same problem next year. I cant see the team trading away an RFA player in Tierney. Pageau is a UFA and will be a guy a lot of teams will be after come the deadline. He is the guy i suspect will be on the block, not Tierney. Honestly, I think Pageau is a better player and better fit on the Oilers.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Dzingel was on like a 30 goal, 55 point pace when he was dealt. Top 6 scoring forwards and more valuable than 3rd line centers.

Tierney's point totals are pretty much equal to dzingle the past few seasons. And hes better defensively.

Hes just a good but not great at everything player.

I think he will get more in a trade that people think.

I dont really even want the sens to trade him

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Tierney is an RFA, though, with a reasonable QO, and he has also scored at a 48pt pace since coming over to Ottawa. I don't think he will return as much as Dzingel, though, and I do agree with your valuation. I just didn't think Dzingel would get as much as he did. I expected 2nd + small add.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Yes, that’s what I’d expect too, but honestly, if it was just a 2nd, I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s not a forgone conclusion that Tierney gets dealt, as he is an RFA after this season. Ottawa might elect to hang onto him, but I expect Dorion will get calls on him.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Tierney is an RFA, though, with a reasonable QO, and he has also scored at a 48pt pace since coming over to Ottawa. I don't think he will return as much as Dzingel, though, and I do agree with your valuation. I just didn't think Dzingel would get as much as he did. I expected 2nd + small add.

I didn't realize he's a RFA. That's interesting.
I'd be really interested from an Oilers pov. I just don't understand why the Sens would deal him.
He seems like the type of player, at that age, that you'd want around in a rebuild.

I'd do a 2nd straight up for him if that's what it took, wouldn't add much more though.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I didn't realize he's a RFA. That's interesting.
I'd be really interested from an Oilers pov. I just don't understand why the Sens would deal him.
He seems like the type of player, at that age, that you'd want around in a rebuild.

I'd do a 2nd straight up for him if that's what it took, wouldn't add much more though.
Truthfully, a lot of Sens fans think he's mediocre at best. He puts up points and has decent hockey IQ, but there's a lot lacking to his game. He's not a great skater, has a poor shot, isn't physical. I think he's a guy you keep around in a rebuild because you need some players to fill roles, but he's not a core player. His value is around a 2nd and I think he has more value to Ottawa than that during their rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad