Proposal: Oilers - Senators (Not Karlsson)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'd do it but I'm a Sens fan

It isn't very good at all for the Oilers but does help hem on the wing if Ryan can stay healthy.

But that is way too much for them to give up and way too much money going Edmonton's way.

TheNuge

Jan 3, 2013
I'd do it but I'm a Sens fan

It isn't very good at all for the Oilers but does help hem on the wing if Ryan can stay healthy.

But that is way too much for them to give up and way too much money going Edmonton's way.

The money is actually more going to the Sens

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Just kidding! lmao

Oilers
Karlsson
Ryan

Senators
1st 2018
Draisaitl
Klefbom

Oh my god thats awful.

Draisaitl needs to be in there for it to make sense for Ottawa, but Edmonton isn't giving up Draisaitl for potentially a year of Karlsson. So this better come with an extension in place (so after July 1). If that happens, then we might add to Drai to get Karlsson, but not Klefbom, a 1st, AND taking Bobby Ryan.

Make it easier for both teams - Bobby Ryan for Milan Lucic. I hate it, everyone else will likely hate it, but it's one way for each team to get what they want - Ottawa saves a bit of cash and potentially has a player who can bounce back and become a force. Edmonton moves on from Lucic and brings in a guy who is a little quicker and might mesh with our top six better. Both teams lose.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I expected it to be bad for the Sens but oof the oilers get killed here. Taking Ryans contract plus paying Karlson close to Drai money and ruing their C depth... send Lucic with Drai and it evens out but then likely neither team does it.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
You wouldn't think it's that damn difficult to confine all the EK proposals to the "Erik Karlsson Megathread" , but apparently I'm giving people too much credit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad