OT: Oilers season seat breakfast/luncheon

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Right now McD with 105 pts Oilers with 204 goals puts McD at 51% of team scoring, that is absolutely insane.
Kucherov at 117 pts is at 41%, I think we know what the problem is BOB, its not culture.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
I'm sure you know what he means right?

Actually, no I didn't.

sorry did not add the second T to BUT. Talked to a few people there and it sounded like a few wanted to bend one guy over the table, pull is pants down and shove a stick somewhere. .Also, I was on my phone and it auto corrected hostile for hostel, no idea why

I figured it was autocorrect, I just didn't know from what. No need to get hostel about it.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
This is the biggest point most people are missing. People with upperbowl $2,500 seats have no pull even though they think they do because they are STH. People with $100,000 suites have pull.

The people/companies that can afford these premium licenses don't buy it for the love and passion for the team; it's for a night out with your clients/friends. My owner has a box and goes to probably 25+ games a year in it with clients and it's a great time; but he knows **** all about the Oilers lol. He could barely tell you who's in the lineup on a night to night basis. He will renew as will most businesses I would imagine.

I know one of the biggest law firms in the city has gone from a full luxury box, to half, to one quarter, to one table of loge seating over the last ten years.

They probably spent as much on alcohol in the old box as they are spending on seats now.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Right now McD with 105 pts Oilers with 204 goals puts McD at 51% of team scoring, that is absolutely insane.
Kucherov at 117 pts is at 41%, I think we know what the problem is BOB, its not culture.

TB also has 287 goals this year vs the oilers 206

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oilers just uploaded Nicholson and GM search Q and A on YouTube for those interested. It is on the Oilers channel.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
With 5/7 of these receptions having already happened as of today, is there anybody on here who attended and can elaborate on how it went?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I know one of the biggest law firms in the city has gone from a full luxury box, to half, to one quarter, to one table of loge seating over the last ten years.

They probably spent as much on alcohol in the old box as they are spending on seats now.

If it’s the law firm I am thinking of they are not renewing their Loge seats either. They are buying 4 club seats instead.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
D2NVQ7MVAAAOlud.jpg

Last edited:

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
This motherf... I stand by all my previous diatribes. What a damn clownshow. Nicholson is a parrot for a cowardly owner and useful idiot meant to take the heat off. Instead, this moron decides to try and pivot blame on a sole player, a 3rd liner at that even if he had produced to the expected level, and then has to backtrack and speak to said player personally to apologize and 'move on'.

The evidence continues to pile up about what a bush league organization this is. Actual monkeys flinging poo could provide better insight about how to run things than the keystone cops currently scrambling around trying to save face with fans. Sideshow Bob Nicholson, eff off back to Hockey Canada or wherever they will take you. You don't belong anywhere near a modern professional NHL franchise's front office.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
You can bet that pretty much every player thinks Nicholson is a d bag now if they didn't already. How incredibly unprofessional of him to throw a single guy under the bus like that. Thing is if we didn't hire Nicholson we probably would be in the playoffs right now.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They should just cancel the rest of these events. No good can come from them, only bad like today.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
[QUOTE="Shizuka, post: 158372109, member]Actual monkeys flinging poo could provide better insight about how to run things than the keystone cops currently scrambling around trying to save face with fans. [/QUOTE]

:monkey: Nicholson
:m-dance::m-dance::m-dance::m-dance::m-dance:
MacT Lowe Howson Green Scott

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Click for a good twitter thread.

D2M53LDU0AAyYCq.png

......and.....? What happened?

As a STH to hear this guy say this makes no sense. A - this guy has no right to speak on my behalf and B - an apology from Katz does nothing to turn this team around.

This guy just wants someone from on high to kiss his ass and make him feel important for 15 seconds. Then back to the same old same old.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Click for a good twitter thread.

D2M53LDU0AAyYCq.png

Aha. I didn’t read the entire twitter thread. This is the end of it.

Dumb unsubstantial question to ask. Zero chance he gets anything but what he got. And again what does an apology give you but a kiss on the cheek and a pat on the head.

Fire MacTavish. Now we are talking substance.

Nicholson might be tone deaf if he didn’t hear the applause this guy got however.

I do think the Oilers ownership on down is an arrogant bunch and that they demand we respect them. After all....Without them we have no cups. Without them we have no arena. Without them we have no team. Without them we have no Ice District.

I think they are going to find out what Without STH means.

Reactions: CanmoreMike

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Nicholson should step down - he is paid to be a front man fro your organization and represent you with class and saavy... He is a bumbling fool every time i see him ... His knowledge of Hockey is clearly minimal and he is not qualified to comment with any depth on hockey decisions... His answer to any Hockey Questions should be " All hockey decisions will be handled by our Hockey Operations staff and ultimately by our NEW GM "

Reactions: harpoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad