GDT: Oilers Revenge Game vs the Heathen Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I don't think I have looked more forward to a game than when we opened the season vs the Flames last year.

We blew a 2-0 lead in their barn last game and the 3rd period fallout played a large part in getting the coach fired.

Both teams right now are playing well and getting good goaltending. Flames have brought up an AHL plug since that game and perhaps he will be the front man for Ratboy when Ratboy cuts and runs from a challenge to his pee-wee level antics. (attention NHL, Unsportsmanlike Conduct is still in the rule book).

I wonder if Ratboy has been studying other hard shelled creatures from the animal kingdom that he can impersonate for the next game as he performed a marvellous turtle last game for Kassian. I am pretty sure someone will be wiping Ratboys shit eating grin off his face this game in one fashion or another.

Johnny Holdout will no doubt be getting a rough ride from Larsson all game, and Monahan should demonstrate again that he is only second to Ratboy on that useless team in his ability to skate away from a physical challenge.

Hamonic and Brodie will demonstrate their ability to be turnstiled all game long by McDavid so there is always that to look forward to. And one of my favourite times of the BoA is seeing Smith lose his mind to a tiny bump and then lose his net when he is pulled. Maybe Lucic will help him adjust his mask for him again this game.

Icing on the cake is seeing our draft pick (Leon) outplaying their draft pick (Sam "I look like a drug cartel member" Bennett) in every facet of the game. I guess not being able to do a chin up mattered? Just spitballing.

Anyway should be a lot to look forward to tomorrow night. Hope Nashville takes a big bite out of the Flames tonight as well.

Rogers will be rocking! (to the Flames fans that come here and read our posts -Rogers is that brand new arena that is one of the top venues on the planet for hockey - where the WJC will played in a couple of years and where the Hlinka Gretzky tourney is held every other year, where the All Star game and NHL Entry Draft will be shortly, where the World Cup of Hockey will also be soon, where major world class bands come to perform because they don't want their equipment to smell like shit when they leave their city, and an area soon to be surrounded by world class eating, drinking and entertainment.)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Credit @McLovin
2018-12-07-17-02-31-jpg.162831

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Hoping for some of these:

Flames goaltending to get exposed
Puljujarvi big game
Zykov big game
Lucic scoring (far fetched)
HUGE game from McDrai
Lot's of blood
Tkachuk getting what he deserves from Drai, Kass, etc
Johnny 5'4 getting called for diving
Another goal from 2nd line
Depth Scoring
And of course... A win!

I've got a real good feeling about this one. 6-1 Oilers.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
This game will be the TSN Turning Point of our season where we pass the Flames on the way to the Cup. Mark my word. They don't have any elite talent, they are buttery soft and their goalie suck.

Their answer to McDavid is "can you repeat the question" and Connor will, over and over again.

Oil 5-1

Furious Nerd

Jan 18, 2018
Giordano is suspended for kneeing. As you may recall, he severely injured Cam Fowler two seasons ago with a dirty, knee-on-knee hit.

Glad to see the NHL doing something about this.

Bill Peters said Backlund won’t play “this weekend”, so I assume he’s out.

It would be a good time for the Oilers to bring their best game of the year.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
Wonder if our "identity" line will be up against the Turtle's line now that we have last line change at home.

Reactions: ujju2

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
It will be interesting to see how Hitch's system works against the Lames. I've always thought their d was overrated, and now we will see if they can handle our forecheck.

I think we've got a good shot here. We've been lights out at home lately.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Also, it would be good if the officials started punishing the turtling of Tkachuk, and the hand shaking embellishments Gaudreau tries half a dozen times a game.

Honestly I'll let Gaudreau embellish all he wants if the f***ing refs ACTUALLY CALL HALF THE SHIT TKACHUK DOES. God. Tkachuk can flying elbow someone and instead Drai gets a call for a minor slash to a stick. Bleh.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oilers let Tkachuk get in their heads last game. It was helped out by the fact that the refs refused to penalize him. But the team needs to be smarter about picking their spots. Most important thing is getting the win. That’s enough punishment for Tkachuk.

I agree but I still want to see Tkachuk get railed.

Reactions: Aerrol and ujju2

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Good video on TSN about Oilers and Hitch affect. Goes on about the neutral zone coverage. We r great at it under Hitch.

Good time to be an Oiler fan folks.
Onward and Upward

Reactions: RattsSSV

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I wish Backlund was playing, he still deserves a beating for the last game. Tkurtle will be public enemy #1 and rightfully so, Kass, Lucic or Khaira better pound that punk

Reactions: A91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad