Oilers record to the end of the year.

What is the Oilers record for the games remaining to the end of 2018? (8 games left this year)

• 3 wins or less

• 4 wins

• 5 or more wins

Results are only viewable after voting.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Games are @winnipeg, vs. Philadelphia, @Vancouver, vs. St. Louis, vs. Tampa Bay, vs. Vancouver, vs. San Jose, vs. Winnipeg.

I see 4 very winnable games in that run, and the other 4 games are vs. teams that are tough but the Oilers have played those teams to pretty much .500 over the previous two years. With six of the eight games at home and the other two still within Canada coupled with Hitch being a line matcher and those 8 games being played over a 19 day span, I think they can still pull off 5 wins in there even short Klefbom, unless the goaltending regresses significantly.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Winnipeg OTL
Philadelphia W
Vancouver W
St. Louis W
Tampa Bay L
Vancouver W
San Jose OTW
Winnipeg L (we never win on new years eve's games. Team too focused on going out till 5 am partying...)

So 5-2-1, 11 points.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I tend to agree with the OP. I think over the course of 8 games the loss of Klefbom will cost the Oilers some points. 4-3-1 is probably a reasonable bet, though hopefully others step up in Klefbom's absence and they get more than 4 wins. The team tends to have turkey legs after Christmas though so I'm prepared for them to lose two of those three games prior to New Year's.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Winnipeg OTL
Philadelphia W
Vancouver W
St. Louis W
Tampa Bay L
Vancouver W
San Jose OTW
Winnipeg L (we never win on new years eve's games. Team too focused on going out till 5 am partying...)

So 5-2-1, 11 points.
Is that you Andrew Ference?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I would have thought the predictions wouldn’t be so positive. Considering all the negative dribble I read even after big wins. It’s nice haha.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Klefbom’s injury throws a wrench into everything. I’m not as confident today as I was yesterday. I’m going to guess 5-3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad