Oilers Record Over Next 11 Games

How many wins do the Oilers get over the next 11 games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I'm thinking ...

Sunday, November 10 @ Anaheim LOSS
Tuesday, November 12 @ San Jose WIN
Thursday, November 14 vs. Colorado LOSS
Saturday, November 16 vs. Dallas LOSS
Tuesday, November 19 @ San Jose LOSS
Thursday, November 21 @ Los Angeles WIN
Saturday, November 23 @ Vegas OT LOSS
Sunday, November 24 @ Arizona LOSS
Wednesday, November 27 @ Colorado Loss
Saturday, November 30 vs. Vancouver WIN
Sunday, December 1 @ Vancouver OT LOSS

3-6-2

One more win to go to beat your record in the first 6 days.

You love being proved wrong on this board.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It is easier from a psychological perspective to set expectations low and then be happy if the team exceeds expectations.
There's a difference between tempering expectations and having the active expectation of failure. Looking for that has the Result v. a Possibility is something don't need around here.

Reactions: The Oiler

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
There's a difference between tempering expectations and having the active expectation of failure. Looking for that has the Result v. a Possibility is something don't need around here.
I mean being constantly let down by this organization for the entire time I've been a hockey fan pretty much does it. I have seen 2 playoff runs for this team ever. The team failure, expecting the team to fail is just the norm for me. Expecting a win is unknown for me.

Reactions: Aerchon and Aerrol

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
So far 2-1 in the 11 game stretch.

If we keep a 5-4-2 or 5-5-1 record every 11 games we can sneak into the playoffs.

In 2016-2017 I recall we had Nov and Dec losing streaks that we had to make up with a crazy final 25+ games where we went 20-5 or something.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
I mean being constantly let down by this organization for the entire time I've been a hockey fan pretty much does it. I have seen 2 playoff runs for this team ever. The team failure, expecting the team to fail is just the norm for me. Expecting a win is unknown for me.
It's interesting to see most Edmonton fans enjoying this time, but definitely not getting too optimistic. This time last year many Leafs fans were planning the parade.

Reactions: Aerchon

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
In tough today. In tough in the division. In tough in the nhl.

I usually do an assessment every 8 to 10 games and draw at least a few conclusions about the team.

I think everyone knows now, the team can win and play good hockey. Regular season they have a formula that can work. Load up a line, bunker down the rest and perfect special teams. However I honestly don't have a clue if the Oilers can maintain/improve enough to be a playoff team this year and moving forward.

Pundits are lost right now imo. The league is a bit of a gong show. I know it's like this every year to some extent but it feels different to me. Worse.

Last year the Thanksgiving deadline didn't mean as much as typical. Each year a bit less and less.

This 11 game block is important and a better testament to the teams state than the previous group but not as relevant to the standings it normally would be.

I said 6. A nice achievable number that can maintain a playoff spot. After thinking about it I would really like to see them improve rather than maintain. The schedule is still relatively easier and they need to push harder to pick up as many wins/points as they can to ensure a playoff berth. Heck even Boston just came off a 4 game losing streak. I hope the Oilers can avoid that but realistically it can happen and they need more of a cushion for if it does. Toronto is in full meltdown after 4 losses. Can't imagine what this place would be like.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
2-2-1 if I am not mistaken

4 wins in the next 6 is certainly possible

EDIT 3-1-1 with 4 wins in next 6

7-3-1 in 11

Last edited:

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
It's interesting to see most Edmonton fans enjoying this time, but definitely not getting too optimistic. This time last year many Leafs fans were planning the parade.

I remember "Free McDavid" chants at our rink when the Leaves came to town. Guess that tune is a bit changed right now. Also the Leaves and Jammies getting coconut blasted this year is my juice.

Reactions: TB12 and Coffey

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
4-2-1 . The next 4 arguing to be tough . Avs and Arizona will want some pay back . Canucks are playing decent this year .

I predicted 7-2-2 . I think we end up 6-4-2 maybe 6-3-2 if the hockey gods are thru with punishing us .

One thing about this team . No long losing streaks this year . If we can go on another hot run like the start of the season we will be a playoff team .

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
For a point of reference based off the OP:

Sunday, November 10 @ Anaheim ... 6-2 W
Tuesday, November 12 @ San Jose ... 6-3 L
Thursday, November 14 vs. Colorado ... 6-2 W
Saturday, November 16 vs. Dallas ... 5-4 OTL
Tuesday, November 19 @ San Jose ... 5-2 W
Thursday, November 21 @ Los Angeles ... 5-1 L
Saturday, November 23 @ Vegas ... 5-2 W
Sunday, November 24 @ Arizona ... 4-3 W (SO)
Wednesday, November 27 @ Colorado
Saturday, November 30 vs. Vancouver
Sunday, December 1 @ Vancouver

5-2-1 with 3 more games to go.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

We call it the Reverse Cyclone sweep.
I will blame Cyclonesweep if we lose on Saturday.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
I honestly don’t remember a home and away back to back in like forever! Should be a good weekend of hockey against Vancouver.

Also I hope Van wears there throw back jerseys, they look sweet as f*** on TV.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

We could easily win the next 3 games.

Colorado still banged up. Vancouver seems to have come to earth after a hot start.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
We could easily win the next 3 games.

Colorado still banged up. Vancouver seems to have come to earth after a hot start.

The thing working in favor for the Vancouver back to back is that Saturday will be game 6 of a 6 game road trip coming from the Eastern conference. Edmonton is coming home from its own 5 game road trip as well, but will have only played 1 game in the previous 5 days and will have been home since the wee hours of Thursday morning.

That said, Vancouver is off Thursday and Friday as well, so they may fly home for their day off to re-energize and just make a quick trip to Edmonton for the game. Overall though it should be advantage Oilers if they choose to take advantage of it.

Reactions: Yeah15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad