Confirmed with Link: Oilers Re-sign Luke Gazdic (2 Years, $800K)

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Pretty much nailed the number there.

pffftt. Not even close. He said a tick above 700K. 750K is much more than a tick. It's more like a tock.

:D

Glad we signed Gazdic....I'm sure everyone has noticed certain Southern friends have been buffing up on the meat.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Good move, the guy was not a major liability or didn't seem so and was a good tough guy.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
No complaints... maybe the best fighter in the league and is well liked by all accounts. Good #13/14 and I don't think he's absolutely awful as a hockey player either... he has some ability to tread water out there.

I also like the fact he's still young and not a broken down old fighter as there is that 5% chance he could develop into something more than just an enforcer... say he gets up to the level of an even tougher Kyle Clifford... that would be fantastic.

Not saying he develops into anything other than a puncher but the possibility is there and they aren't overpaying with that contract... good deal by MacT.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I like this.
appears to be an excellent team guy, knows his role, and I don't think he is a liability when on the ice.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Meh. I would want a forward in the 13th spot to be a good player. Gazdic really isnt a good player. He is better than most enforcers in terms of hockey ability, but thats not saying much. He is needed as the Flames and Canucks to a point seem to thing have goons is still a good thing. Teams like the Hawks and Wings dont have tough guys and they seem to do pretty good

I hope he only plays in games where we think theres going to be a brawl. He still hurts while on the ice.

I actually really like Gazdic as a person too, he seems extremely nice and humble and great in the room. I know I see pictures with him and Hall and the boys in Vegas or around town, so he seems tight with them.

He takes up no cap space, but I hope he is used correctly

He is still one of the best fighters in the NHL, and knocked the ***** out of Westgarth, so hes got that going

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I am fine with bringing Gazdic back, not necessarily elated, but if you look at what Calgary is doing the need for him is still there. This does need to mean the end of Joensuu, we are too tight against the cap and we need to add a C, there is no place for him and he doesn't fit our shut-down line or our 3 scoring lines set-up.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Guy knows his role and does it well. With some coaching hopefully he can be a better overall player this year.

I am concerned about the shoulder though. He said he should be ready, but you never know with an injury like this that plays a major role in how he plays.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Guy knows his role and does it well. With some coaching hopefully he can be a better overall player this year.

I am concerned about the shoulder though. He said he should be ready, but you never know with an injury like this that plays a major role in how he plays.

Yeah it might impede his ability to clear the puck off the wall or take and make simple passes. Oh wait: he couldn't do that before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad