Pre-Game Talk: Oilers Rangers Saturday @ 11 -- Who Needs Whistles Anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
4 games in and the bottom 6 has produced very little. Offensive zone pressure is great and all but goals still need to happen.

There is a huge difference between the bottom 6 this year and past years. "Offensive zone pressure" is important even if the goals aren't there yet...they will come.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Looking at this team and last years team 2 things become clear . 1 the team did not believe in each other last year . As soon a Talbot let in a goal the team was done . Also T Mac did not play the team to their strengths . Looking at Tippet system it plays the team to their strength while at the same time he has a better over all team defensive system . The thing is its a new system that the players should get better at . Then you look at Holland . The man had no cap space to work with . What will he do once some space opens up ?

I always like Nurse but did not think he was worth 6 plus million . Tippet got the guy playing so much better defensively . He is using his stick so much better . I am not sure which of our LD will be traded now as I believe in the future all of Nurse , Klefbom , Samorukov and Broberg all will be legit top 4 D in the NHL , Then there still Jones and Lagesson .

Future D

Broberg Bouchard
Nurse Bear
Klefbom Persson
Lagesson

Larsson , Samorukov , Jones would be out ? or do will go with Samorukov over Klefbom because of injuries or Nurse over contract demands ? In 2 to 3 year our D will be very good . Might be early but do we try and make a deal with the Jets for a forward or 2 ? This team is very close to being a serious threat year in year out .

Nice to see Yamamoto with 2 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad