Proposal: Oilers Office Silent Protest Nov 13/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RackingGuy1

Jul 7, 2013
Leduc, Ab
I propose a fan protest at the Oilers Office on Kingsway.
November 13/2013 - the night of the Dallas game.

Silent protest surrounding the building with social media coverage and potentially local media.

A "bold" way to make the management group of this organization pay attention to the fan base.

If fans do not attend this game and instead protest in mass, the message may get across.

Oilers fans can be a united front in good times, lets see if they can rally in bad times and provoke change.

Just an idea. :naughty:

Jul 19, 2012
Talk to the Tier One fan about that.

Signed
A former Tier One fan who gave up his 4 season tickets over the stink that is the Oilers.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I'll be there like I was there for the fire Mactavish rally in 2009

that was my first thought, too.

Katz already has your season ticket money. not going to the game won't hurt too much. unpaid for empty seats would begin to hurt him.

as for the rest of us, you've heard Kevin Lowe.
We're not tier one fans, so he doesn't listen to us.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I'm of the mindset that protests should be about things that matter in real life, and hockey falls outside of that.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Donate your season tickets - which you already wasted your money on - to some poor kids rather than trying to make a passive point to a group of people who could not care less about the people in this city. Don't kid yourselves.

Oil80

Nov 3, 2013
Edmonton
I'll be there like I was there for the fire Mactavish rally in 2009

Even though 12 people showed up, it made the news and he was let go shortly after. It did kinda work to draw more attention and I think it did make an impact

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I don't think this is leading anywhere productive. So I'll preemptively nip it in the bud.

If OP has any questions, feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad