Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Whether you think Smyth and Schultz have lost a step, or are getting to much ice time or are paid to much, they are still veterans that I'm sure have good leadership.

I do agree Smid should have a letter

They don't contribute much other then just being veterans, want a new Idenity for this team, don't re-hash these guys as "leaders"

Smid is a better choice then Schultz and let another guy emerge to lead.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
They don't contribute much other then just being veterans, want a new Idenity for this team, don't re-hash these guys as "leaders"

Smid is a better choice then Schultz and let another guy emerge to lead.

They are giving other people a chance to be leaders hence the other 4 alternate captains, If your gonna have 6 alternates why not 2 be reliable vets?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
They are giving other people a chance to be leaders hence the other 4 alternate captains, If your gonna have 6 alternates why not 2 be reliable vets?

Because, especially in Smyth's case, they aren't that. Time to move on, they should be basically be considered as lucky to be on the team.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Because, especially in Smyth's case, they aren't that. Time to move on, they should be basically be considered as lucky to be on the team.

Reliable vets in there leadership, and If they weren't good enough to be on the team they wouldn't be here. Look at jones he was sent down due to poor play and I have faith that if Smyth starts playing poorly enough that he doesn't deserve a spot Eakins will bench him.

Smyth has played well enough for a spot and has proven he is a decent leader (been a letter on a lot of teams and is captain Canada) I see no problem with this

If Smyth was the only A I would agree that with the new movement it should have gone to others, but with 6 A's I see no problem with some being younger up and comin leaders and some being your established veteran leaders

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
YOU GET AN "A"! YOU GET AN "A"! AND YOU GET AN "A"! EVERYONE GETS AN "A"!

45095-Oprah-You-Get-a-Car-Meme-gif-veB0.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't think that MacT is a fan of Smid tbh (remember, Tambo re-signed him) and i think once Nurse, Klefbom or maybe even Belov show that they are capable of playing in the top 4, Smid is trade bait IMO. MacT highly values puckmoving and Smid is below average in that area.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
shouldve just stopped at 3.

Hall permanent A, Gagner and Ebs rotating.

Now guys like Smid and J.Schultz are thinking "wtf?"

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I don't think that MacT is a fan of Smid tbh (remember, Tambo re-signed him) and i think once Nurse, Klefbom or maybe even Belov show that they are capable of playing in the top 4, Smid is trade bait IMO. MacT highly values puckmoving and Smid is below average in that area.

Agree...
Hopefully Smid makes a good impression on Eakins and sticks around.
MacT wont trade him if Eakins has his back.

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
Basically repeating what everyone's been saying but N.Schultz over Smid?

100.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad