News Article: Oilers moving to the Central?

Would you prefer to see the Oilers in the Central Division?

• Total voters

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
heck, maybe for 1 season Seattle will be in the Central.

More more likely, for 1 season the pacific will have 9 teams, and the Central 7

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I imagine Arizona is the one that gets moved out of the division.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
It would be absurd if we get screwed over with an even worse travel schedule than we already do just to accommodate the tumour welfare failure of a franchise that is the Arizona Coyotes. They are single handedly holding back the growth of the league and drain resources from every other franchise every year. Just delete them from the NHL already. Bettman's fascination of trying to revive this horse that's been dead for 10 years is mind boggling. Even literally having the NHL purchase them to keep them from imploding due to economic incompetence.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I imagine Arizona is the one that gets moved out of the division.
I doubt that extremely. They are too close to Vegas and California, and it's even a cultural connection with them.

It makes too much sense to me to put Edm and Calgary in the Central, with Colorado in the Pacific. The Oilers and Flames will NOT be separated just like Philly and Pittsburgh wont. The Alberta teams are 1 time zone away from the furthest Pacific teams, but also 1 time zone away from the furthest Central teams.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Makes no sense IMO. Arizona moving to the central is clearly the most obvious switch.

EDM/CGY/VAN/SEA/VEG/LA/SJS/ANA
WPG/COL/STL/CHI/NSH/MIN/ARZ/DAL

a) Edmonton/Calgary have rivalries in this division already specifically with Vancouver
b) You're talking about moving 3 teams vs. moving 1 in Arizona

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Arizona should be the team to go.

But what I would like to see is eight divisions with four teams.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Honestly I'm pretty tired of playing against the California teams. A move might be nice. Also could get a rivalry going with the Peg.

Would be nice to be in a division with other teams with some real hockey fans too. Right now it's really just Edmonton and Calgary in the pacific :sarcasm:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Arizona should be the team to go.

But what I would like to see is eight divisions with four teams.
I think the four divisions with eight teams is the way they’ll likely go. This six division format was only introduced because the schedule couldn’t be balanced with the number of teams in the league and in each conference. By the same token, a 1-8 conference playoff wasn’t fair because one division could be much stronger than the other.

Thirty two is the perfect number. Two conferences of sixteen teams and four divisions of eight teams. Much easier to balance. Likely go back to the 1-8 playoff format. It wouldn’t even surprise me to see them scrap the divisions and just run with two conferences having the teams ranked 1-16.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
How about 3 divisions where the top 2 are guaranteed a playoff spot and the last two are WC

Pacific:
Anaheim
Los Angeles
San Jose
Vancouver
Seattle

Mountain:
Edmonton
Calgary
Colorado
Arizona
Vegas

Central:
Dallas
Minnesota
Chicago
Nashville
St. Louis
Winnipeg

Reactions: yukoner88

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Oh hell no, no way I want to be in a division with the likes of the Jets/Preds/Blues etc.
Those teams will be in cap hell by the time we get there. I wouldn't be worried regardless of which division we are in.

I think if we do end up moving divisions, Calgary is coming with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->