Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose to the Kings: Fire Chia Tonight

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
you're showing how little you know about hockey if you think ebs is an actual impact player of any kind. there's a reason he only was able to get strome in return... because real hockey people and gms know ebs is nowhere near as good as fan boys like you think he is. ebs has some skill and talent for sure but unreliable AF. he'll give up more than he'll get you.
Sure dude. Die on that hill all you want. At least your posts are free comedy for the board.
I would take Eberle over every single natural winger right now.
Of course you would because you have firing brain cells.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Sure dude. Die on that hill all you want. At least your posts are free comedy for the board.
Of course you would because you have firing brain cells.

your depth of knowledge is very shallow. will he score more goals than most of our wingers? yes sure he will. will it make much of a difference? nope. at 6 mil that's expensive for a guy who won't make much of a differnce pushing the needle forward for your team. ya he MIGHT be a slight improvement for us if we had him but you make it sound like he's the f***ing difference between us being a mediocre to sh***y team to being so much better. you're flat out wrong if you actually think that. why pine for a player that may or may not push the needle forward very slightly at best? use more critical thinking. see the big picture.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Based on them being worse than the bad players they replaced and making your team worse when they are on the ice.

Well...you are nothing if not consistent with your narrative.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
why is he having basically his worst year ever now then? i strongly think it was weight last year as a coach allowing him to play his style. a style which i don't believe is conducive to winning though.

Good question but it really has nothing to do with the scenario we are discussing.

I am just talking about maximizing Eberles value and I think it was a very good bet that Chia could have done that by waiting for a few months into the season instead of trading him when he did.
He handcuffed himself. This (poor judement) is the type of thing that Chia does over and over again and its primarily why I no longer trust his judement moving forward.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Good question but it really has nothing to do with the scenario we are discussing.

I am just talking about maximizing Eberles value and I think it was a very good bet that Chia could have done that by waiting for a few months into the season instead of trading him when he did.
He handcuffed himself. This (poor judement) is the type of thing that Chia does over and over again and its primarily why I no longer trust his judement moving forward.

ya, agreed. i think chia got way oversatisfied and confident after the playoff run. i was quite upset in the summer of 2017 when he did not add to the fwd depth.... i foresaw it would be an issue. i hate the lack of foresight and proactiveness by this management team. just because things went well doesn't mean there aren't significant flaws with the team.

Reactions: guymez

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I tuned in to start the 2nd then tuned out after the 2nd, it was a good night. I really recommend Ozark on Netflix btw, Season 2 in particular which is great TV.

I just saw the Hitch presser and he didn't hold back one bit. Good, he's been putting lipstick on this pig for far too long (which I'm sure wasn't how he really felt) so good that he finally let loose his real feelings.

It's one thing to lack talent (which is obviously severely lacking on this team even when healthy) but it's another to lack talent and lack compete especially when they are in a, lol, playoff race. The team is rotten to the core from ownership to management to the players (A quote repeated annually the last 10 years) and I'm also questioning the leadership dynamic of this group big time including the top players. It's all just really really bad and I hate to say it, but I'm hoping for another humiliating loss tonight to really smack some sense into ownership, if that's at all possible.

Speaking of the Ozarks, the third season of True Detective starts next week and it's based there too.

Mahershala Ali is the lead this time. Looks like it's going to be pretty good.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
The Oilers looked listless on this occasion. Talbot's goaltending and Chiasson sticking up for McDavid at the end are about the only bright spots here. Poor goaltending by Koskinen, and lack of speed and physical presence sunk the Oilers in a crucial game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad