Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose to the Kings: Fire Chia Tonight

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Bruins fan here feel very bad for you guys what chia has done. I still even today can't believe he traded Seguin for dimes on a dollar. Hall for Larsson . These 2 trades might be back to back worst trades in nhl history.

Erat for Filip Forsberg has them both beat by a country mile, but yeah I get where your coming from.

lucicwaivers

Dec 31, 2018
Clean sweep Lowe, Gretzky, Mactavish, Howson, Chiarelli. Get a new management squad.

Shocking the facebook group Lowe must go disbanded. There is now more need than ever for a group like this. Change doesn't happen in this organization easily when the owner doesn't give a damn about hockey. The fans always pay to see below average results. Lowe and MacT made Katz big bucks from the city when they pretended to move the team to Seattle, so he won't fire them.

Oilers win one game against one of the worst teams Arizona and people think they are good again. They are utter trash. The best players were sold for nothing. At this point they'll be lucky if they don't lose 10-0 to Anaheim.

Fire Lowe, MacT, Howson, Chiarelli. Boycott the arena until this happens. Donate MacTs and Lowes paycheck to charity. Why are they making millions to destroy a NHL team for 30 years? Give their salary to charity where it is better spent.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
W Gretzky having even more input now than he has, and if you listen to his interview with Stauffer he is either completely drunk all the time or honestly believes this is a good hockey team.
I’ve never been so offended by the truth.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
We had all of those players at one time. It was evidently very stoppable.

Mcdavid was a rookie and played only half the season. Talbot was also horrible for the first 3 months of the year. We'd essentially have Hall-RNH-Eberle as our second line, which is very good secondary scoring.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Why did you guys even watch? The carcass is already almost done rotting, no need to keep watching it.
Yep my exact thoughts. Haven't watched a game since this Cluless dud of a GM never ceases to astonish, now trading for some plug that injured and mocked Connor. ****this GM and the OBC, when ??? if???house is cleaned it may be worth watching again.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We had all of those players at one time. It was evidently very stoppable.

Fun fact --

McDavid + Hall + Klefbom + Drai + RNH + Eberle actually never played a single game all together.

Eberle was hurt at the start of 15-16, then McDavid broke his clavicle just as he was starting to find his groove, then Klefbom got a freak foot infection that ended his season in December, then when McDavid came back RNH got hurt almost immediately.

They never all played together once let alone any stretch of games. That team had like 2 major injuries on the roster basically all year long.

Reactions: harpoon

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The fact that we gave up any assets for these players is an overpayment. These players could have been making league minimum and been on waivers and they shouldn't have been brought in.

Based on what exactly?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
i'm not so sure he would have bounced back if he was here last year. coaches like todd, hitch, trotz demand that you play the right way and not cheat etc. last year he had weight as a coach and i think he's much more lax and player friendly. but that gets you nowhere in the nhl. you can see ebs struggling mightily this year because trotz demands his players play the right way. look how much better the isle are for that AND minus tavares no less.

yes talent is key. but culture and playing the right way is just as important in the long run.

Professional pride is a very strong motivator. Eberle bounced back his first year on the island and I have no doubt that would have happened here as well.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He is a brother to an OBC, like Paul Messier or Chia's brother in scouting. If your going to clean house, clean house. K Gretzky is unproven and takes us a step closer to W Gretzky having even more input now than he has, and if you listen to his interview with Stauffer he is either completely drunk all the time or honestly believes this is a good hockey team.

I want Mark Hunter if I could choose.

I am actually okay with K. Gretzky finishing out the season. Then they can hire a new voice from a much bigger pool of candidates in the off season.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I am actually okay with K. Gretzky finishing out the season. Then they can hire a new voice from a much bigger pool of candidates in the off season.

That’s my concern, I don’t think they would replace him. He’d be the permanent hire after they did a bit of a “search”

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Professional pride is a very strong motivator. Eberle bounced back his first year on the island and I have no doubt that would have happened here as well.

why is he having basically his worst year ever now then? i strongly think it was weight last year as a coach allowing him to play his style. a style which i don't believe is conducive to winning though.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Youve left 15 pages of text saying it was his fault and he had to go. Dont you dare attempt to change your story now.

yes i said he was definitely part of the problem and definitley had to go. some of you just make a huge hyberbole and stretch reality to the way you THINK things are being presented.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
why is he having basically his worst year ever now then? i strongly think it was weight last year as a coach allowing him to play his style. a style which i don't believe is conducive to winning though.
You know nothing about hockey. Like nothing. Eberle was on the ir for weeks. And besides that, his ‘worst year ever’ would be better than anything the wingers not named Draisaitl and RNH (centres playing wing because Chiarelli decimated the wing depth) on this team could dream of.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You know nothing about hockey. Like nothing. Eberle was on the ir for weeks. And besides that, his ‘worst year ever’ would be better than anything the wingers not named Draisaitl and RNH (centres playing wing because Chiarelli decimated the wing depth) on this team could dream of.

you are ignorant AF. he missed 4 f****** games. your're the idiot that knows nothing. guaranteed i know 100x more than you based on your posts. i don't care if ebs can pop a few nothing goals. he's essentially almost as useless as strome.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
you are ignorant AF. he missed 4 f****** games. your're the idiot that knows nothing. guaranteed i know 100x more than you based on your posts. i don't care if ebs can pop a few nothing goals. he's essentially almost as useless as strome.
back to the old ‘nothing goals’ story. Lmfao. Have you noticed this team can’t piss a drop without 97? Your hatred for Hall and Eberle just keeps making you look stupid.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
back to the old ‘nothing goals’ story. Lmfao. Have you noticed this team can’t piss a drop without 97? Your hatred for Hall and Eberle just keeps making you look stupid.

you're showing how little you know about hockey if you think ebs is an actual impact player of any kind. there's a reason he only was able to get strome in return... because real hockey people and gms know ebs is nowhere near as good as fan boys like you think he is. ebs has some skill and talent for sure but unreliable AF. he'll give up more than he'll get you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->