frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Fire Lowe.

Fire Nicholson.

Fire Chiarelli.

Fire MacTavish.

Fire Howson.

Complete and utter purge.
Start again with a completely new staff. Run this team like a business and not a hobby.

At this point, maybe the best course of action isn't simply fire but to set them on fire to rid of them all :sarcasm:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McDavid gets asked a question about Lucic and gives support to his teammate. That's what you expect any captain or player to do. Especially when it's when faced with questions from the media who are looking for you to throw that player under the bus.

And I'm sorry, but I don't care about 35 year old stories deifying former Oiler legends. A lot has changed in the world of hockey in the past 30-40 years.

And since you brought up Gretzky, you think he was pinning anyone up against the dressing room wall? There are plenty of ways to be a leader. Just because you're not willing to rough someone up doesn't mean you aren't a leader.

Short and to the point if you're going to respond in a way in which you did in a previous post you've ceased being a poster I wish to continue to have dialog with. You blindsided, misdirected, misquoted and simply directed anger at myself and McCup.

Its your decision on whether you want to own that overblown reaction. We're all just fans of the club.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I'd throw tantrums as well if I was the star player on the team and the management surrounded me with a bunch of has beens and career At less

Lucic nonchalant attitude is more cancerous IMO than Hall's alleged jock mentality .

You got your captain, best player in the world abused, and you do f*** all-thats bullshit .

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Short and to the point if you're going to respond in a way in which you did in a previous post you've ceased being a poster I wish to continue to have dialog with. You blindsided, misdirected, misquoted and simply directed anger at myself and McCup.

Its your decision on whether you want to own that overblown reaction. We're all just fans of the club.

I get angry at bad takes that throw the only players worth a damn under the bus based on pseudo-psychology beliefs where poster infer they know the inner workings of a players mind because they don't break a stick or cuss out a teammate. Especially when we've all seen this rodeo with previous players. It's the kind of attitude that eventually leads to them being run out of town and not only seeing the Oilers get bent over in the respective deals but 1/2 the fanbase applauding the GM who makes the deal saying the player needed to go for the sake of the culture of the team.

I'm not going to apologize for calling BS on a bad take. If you don't like it you don't have to respond. You and I have been doing this for the better part of a decade Replacement. Often times we get along. Often times we don't. We've exchanged plenty of PMs, both positive and negative. It's the way it goes.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I had a good laugh when Chia’s two acquisitions both f***ed up on the same play leading to a goal.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I get angry at bad takes that throw the only players worth a damn under the bus based on pseudo-psychology beliefs where poster infer they know the inner workings of a players mind because they don't break a stick or cuss out a teammate. Especially when we've all seen this rodeo with previous players. It's the kind of attitude that eventually leads to them being run out of town and not only seeing the Oilers get bent over in the respective deals but 1/2 the fanbase applauding the GM who makes the deal saying the player needed to go for the sake of the culture of the team.

I'm not going to apologize for calling BS on a bad take. If you don't like it you don't have to respond. You and I have been doing this for the better part of a decade Replacement. Often times we get along. Often times we don't. We've exchanged plenty of PMs, both positive and negative. It's the way it goes.

No, sorry, you don't get to tell people to f*** off here. Done. I won't respond further to you.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Bruins fan here feel very bad for you guys what chia has done. I still even today can't believe he traded Seguin for dimes on a dollar. Hall for Larsson . These 2 trades might be back to back worst trades in nhl history.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Bruins fan here feel very bad for you guys what chia has done. I still even today can't believe he traded Seguin for dimes on a dollar. Hall for Larsson . These 2 trades might be back to back worst trades in nhl history.

Would you like him back? We'll take pennies on the dollar if that's what it takes.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I honestly wonder if vets are the way to go. Look at Vancouver, I know they have a great player in Petersson and Brock, but I wonder if we are tanking as bad as we are, that we use the time to evaluate the younger guys up here and see who can really fly.

hard to say if the oilers are just drafting guys who don't have the mental strength/perseverance, smarts and intangibles to play well at the nhl level or if we just have no good veteran top six leader type guys to help them along. coaches can help those players up to an extent but you need leadership and mentoring from your peers. i don't think connor and drai at this stage would be good mentors as good as they are.

it just seems like most of our young forwards that try to come up are too mentally fragile, and play not so smart hockey. which eventually leads to poor effort and playing the game the wrong way. most of our young guys have very little swagger when they come up. is that locker room culture? is it on player development? who knows.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Gee you have said all along this was all Halls fault. What now?

never said it was all his fault. heck, i even said the organization takes some blame allowing him to develop into the guy he was when he was here.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
hard to say if the oilers are just drafting guys who don't have the mental strength/perseverance, smarts and intangibles to play well at the nhl level or if we just have no good veteran top six leader type guys to help them along. coaches can help those players up to an extent but you need leadership and mentoring from your peers. i don't think connor and drai at this stage would be good mentors as good as they are.

it just seems like most of our young forwards that try to come up are too mentally fragile, and play not so smart hockey. which eventually leads to poor effort and playing the game the wrong way. most of our young guys have very little swagger when they come up. is that locker room culture? is it on player development? who knows.

It's a crap roster built by a GM that makes so mistakes that the team is crippled from having adequate help.

It's not all this nonsense about veteran leadership or culture. The Leafs had none of that and were doing just fine before Marleau got there, and what's Marleau ever done but be a career loser that Lucic hasn't?

It's the f***ing roster, no conspiracy, no voodoo, team that builds mediocre supporting casts for its best players will always fall apart.

Reactions: space321

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Trading McDavid would make the team worse no matter how much "leadership" the return brings.

might not have a choice though. it might depend on when he finally snaps and says get me the f*** out of here. i fear that day. though i'm preparing myself for it and hope they get a king's ransom in return. at the end of the day i just care about us winning and having a good shot at the cup. whether connor's on that team or not matters less to me. obviously i would much prefer him to be on it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
might not have a choice though. it might depend on when he finally snaps and says get me the f*** out of here. i fear that day. though i'm preparing myself for it and hope they get a king's ransom in return. at the end of the day i just care about us winning and having a good shot at the cup. whether connor's on that team or not matters less to me. obviously i would much prefer him to be on it.

lol, I see you've found your new scapegoat. Good luck with this one, the Oilers lose 97 and they will be garbage for 20-30 years and irrelevant and that shiny arena Katz has built will become a half-empty dump.

Build a shit team then blame the best player on the team, rinse, wash, repeat. I hope the Oilers never make the playoffs ever again if they trade McDavid and I hope he wins multiple Cups elsewhere in that case just to rub it in further.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
See for me (and I posted this last season) I would have allowed Eberle to bounce back and then traded him. I was confident he would bounce back simply because he was embarrassed about his play and was very motivated.
I think it was a good bet he would bounce back.

As for Hall...i think the problem was that Chairelli had tunnel vision...he identified a player and didnt allow things to mature. I will never beleive that he shopped Hall because if he did there would have been a lot of interest and the price point would have been driven up.
I think he wanted Larsson all along and as a result he diminished the return by not involving more teams.

i'm not so sure he would have bounced back if he was here last year. coaches like todd, hitch, trotz demand that you play the right way and not cheat etc. last year he had weight as a coach and i think he's much more lax and player friendly. but that gets you nowhere in the nhl. you can see ebs struggling mightily this year because trotz demands his players play the right way. look how much better the isle are for that AND minus tavares no less.

yes talent is key. but culture and playing the right way is just as important in the long run.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
lol, I see you've found your new scapegoat. Good luck with this one, the Oilers lose 97 and they will be garbage for 20-30 years and irrelevant and that shiny arena Katz has built will become a half-empty dump.

Build a **** team then blame the best player on the team, rinse, wash, repeat. I hope the Oilers never make the playoffs ever again if they trade McDavid and I hope he wins multiple Cups elsewhere in that case just to rub it in further.

man you don't comprehend things too well do you. noone is blaming connor. you're so tunnel vision in your narratives and biases your reading comprehension leads you so far off the mark. get some sleep and clear your head ffs.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
man you don't comprehend things too well do you. noone is blaming connor. you're so tunnel vision in your narratives and biases your reading comprehension leads you so far off the mark. get some sleep and clear your head ffs.

They're not winning shit without McDavid. They get this guy a good team around him or they can relegate themselves to the garbage bin of the NHL where no one gives a crap about them for decades to come.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
They're not winning **** without McDavid. They get this guy a good team around him or they can relegate themselves to the garbage bin of the NHL where no one gives a crap about them for decades to come.

they also don't seem to be winning **** with him either. look, i WANT him here. i'm just saying we might not have a choice if he wants out. also you cannot say for sure this team might not be better if connor does get traded and he brings back a wealth of quality players and prospects. he's generational, yes, but hockey is the ultimate team game. if it was basketball, ya, you can't trade him but this is hockey. that ebing said, i'm not sure i trust this entire management crew to get the proper pieces for him anyway.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
they also don't seem to be winning **** with him either. look, i WANT him here. i'm just saying we might not have a choice if he wants out. also you cannot say for sure this team might not be better if connor does get traded and he brings back a wealth of quality players and prospects. he's generational, yes, but hockey is the ultimate team game. if it was basketball, ya, you can't trade him but this is hockey. that ebing said, i'm not sure i trust this entire management crew to get the proper pieces for him anyway.

I hope this team misses the playoffs for 50 years if they screw this up. f*** them.

This was a lay up and they are blowing it. I don't care about "wealth of prospects". Anyone dumb enough to still support this team and buy their kool-aid if they ever are forced to trade McDavid deserves the garbage team they will get.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Chia was not part of the obc and it clearly showed it doesn't matter. The obc are the ones providing the gm with info that he needs to run the team. As long as the resident clowns are still with this team it does not matter who the gm is because he will be getting garbage information.

Take any business manager and feed him bad information and he will make bad decisions. This does not absolve chia from being awful but it is the reality of our situation. Until ALL of the rot is cleared out this team will always under achieve.

Instead of having a thread a week about firing tmac or chia we should be having a thread a week on here about our awful owner.

Agree, check this thread and who the OP was ;-)

Organizational Ineptitude - it ain't just Chiarelli

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Do you consider K. Gretzky an OBC member?

He is a brother to an OBC, like Paul Messier or Chia's brother in scouting. If your going to clean house, clean house. K Gretzky is unproven and takes us a step closer to W Gretzky having even more input now than he has, and if you listen to his interview with Stauffer he is either completely drunk all the time or honestly believes this is a good hockey team.

I want Mark Hunter if I could choose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad