Jun 23, 2007
same old Oilers

-dumb decisions with the puck
-turnovers
-every player trying to do too much
-too little too late at the end of the game
-6 game roadie...they'll be lucky to win 2

suck bad for Ekblad! ;)

Not that I expect them to be there but if it somehow happened I'd take Reinhart.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
At least Krueger could run a pp.

Get Eberle out on the first unit.

Hall can have a seat. He's awful.

ithxan

Dec 21, 2010
No cohesion, no team work, crap passing, crap goaltending, shoddy defense, weak physicality, zero grit, no desire, lazy plays, extreme turnovers, bad point shots, horrible coverage, puck chasing, negative confidence, questionable coaching and stupid lines. your oilers.

Crap goaltending??

Dubby had a bounce-back game and made a couple HUGE saves to keep us in in. What game were you watching?

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I don't understand why we go out and get a top-notch defensive center for a shutdown line and then put him with guys who can't physically(Smyth) or mentally(Yak) contribute in the least to said shutdown line.

It's because Mact didn't bother to acquire any bottom 6 players other than Gordon despite overpromising to overhaul the 3rd line.

He was distracted by his first love - soft puckmoving defensemen.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
RNH: 25:02
Eberle: 25:45
Hall: 24:25
Perron: 23:26

Hemsky: 17:36

Your leading scorer gets 8 minutes less than anyone else. I don't even know anymore...

I think it stands to reason that perhaps with Hemsky's injury history that Eakins has decided to limit his minutes just a bit. In saying that i would have liked to see him out there more in the 3rd.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm guessing Galchenyuk is better than Yakupov now!!!!!

Through 4 games he sure as **** is. Galchenyuk is playing with confidence and skill that Yakupov couldn't even dream of right now. Yakupov looks completely lost out there. Can't get his shot off with any regularity, can't make the easy pass and just looks brain dead trying to cover the point.

Yakupov doesn't look like a #1 overall talent right now. Not even close. Better get his head straight soon.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
J Schultz 24:43
Belov: 21:50
Ference: 19:34

Petry: 17:58
Smid: 14:23
N.Schultz: 13:10

Eakins has turned top-pairing defensemen into bottom-3 defensemen, and bottom-pairing defensemen into #1 defensemen.

No wonder this keeps happening.

Eakins generally does not seem to have a clue about what he's doing. What an embarrassment this organization is.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
I thought we outplayed them quite a bit today. They just had timely goals.

I agree. I don't understand why people are freaking out.

The Oilers were far and away the better team tonight. Just beaten by a team that capitalized better.

Christ, after the Canucks game, everybody was saying that they could live with a loss if it came off an effort like this. What happened?

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
Galchenyuk/Yakupov poll has been bumped already.

Fair enough, Yakupov sure doesn't look anything like a #1 pick right now. Tonight he looked like Mike Brown with a better shot.

A bad road trip and the Oilers will be out of playoff contention before November in the year that they were supposed to take a big step forward.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I think it's time to resign Hemsky and make a BOLD trade and move Yakupov. We're ruining his development keeping him on the 3rd line and he should be able to get us a nice piece for our D. Hard to blame Dubnyk for any of the goals tonight, hopefully can put a few more games like this together.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
So Hall gets decked from behind with a completely dirty hit and nobody responds and goes after that dirtbag Eller? ....

Terrible game. 1 goal against Budaj? Pathetic.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
At least I have some idea of what it must be like to be a crack addict or something similar.

I rage quit and turn the game off, swearing I am done with this team. Yet there I am, puck drop for the next game, knowing I am about to watch a train wreck yet again, but not able to stop it.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
I saw a game where we outplayed the Habs, out hit them, but they got the bounces, and took advantage of their opportunities.

I'm not going to go out and toss out the idea that we're a lottery team or that we'll miss the playoffs because of a 1-3 start, but they really couldn't buy a goal tonight.

Yakupov though... He's really struggling. He's trying to do too much and he's not using his teammates. I don't know if he's bought in as much as the team would like so far.

Now might be a good time to hit the road though. Get away from Edmonton.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I only watched the 3rd and in that period this was very apparent. I thought Edmonton took it to them in the 3rd.

No one noted on this in the GDT. It had to be said. He had a very solid game. He saw through bodies on some of the hardest screened shots I've seen all year. His glove was working great, and he had great positioning.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Well, it looks like the season could be over by Halloween.
They are one flukey period away from being 0-4 and I don't see a potential win on the schedule anytime soon.
This team is going nowhere and my passion for the team is waning more and more with each failing season, this one looks to be no different. It's hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel as of now.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012

Eakins has turned top-pairing defensemen into bottom-3 defensemen, and bottom-pairing defensemen into #1 defensemen.

How the **** does our best defensive dman get just 14 minutes? :facepalm:

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
PP stunk. DD was good. Habs buried their chances when they got them. Thought it was a good effort overall. **** happens. That fourth line? Woof.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

I though Belov played well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->