Status
Not open for further replies.

The Perfect Human*

RNH: 25:02
Eberle: 25:45
Hall: 24:25
Perron: 23:26

Hemsky: 17:36

Your leading scorer gets 8 minutes less than anyone else. I don't even know anymore...

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Team cant hit (in any meaningful way), cant pass, cant defend, and cant score. :help: They just got crushed by tiny, mediocre team on the second game of a back to back.

Im taking a vacation from this mess. Best of luck to those of you with infinite patience.

If you're an actual Oilers fan, then I'll see you next game.

There's no such thing as a vacation.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Team cant hit (in any meaningful way), cant pass, cant defend, and cant score. :help: They just got crushed by tiny, mediocre team on the second game of a back to back.

Im taking a vacation from this mess. Best of luck to those of you with infinite patience.

Anybody who thinks they just saw the Oilers get "crushed" needs to stop watching hockey anyways.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
No cohesion, no team work, crap passing, crap goaltending, shoddy defense, weak physicality, zero grit, no desire, lazy plays, extreme turnovers, bad point shots, horrible coverage, puck chasing, negative confidence, questionable coaching and stupid lines. your oilers.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Galchenyuk/Yakupov poll has been bumped already.

I plan on being very drunk for the game on Saturday.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I didn't think it was that bad. Outplayed the Habs for majority of the game, thought we deserved better than the result. Budaj was good.

PP was absolutely brutal all night though. I swear we probably had 1 shot in 3 PPs...

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Disappointment will be flaring tonight
The one positive i'd like to point out is the play of Devan Dubnyk
Dubby had a solid game imo making timely saves and giving us a chance
He wasn't amazing or anything but certainly much better tonight.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I don't understand why we go out and get a top-notch defensive center for a shutdown line and then put him with guys who can't physically(Smyth) or mentally(Yak) contribute in the least to said shutdown line.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
RNH: 25:02
Eberle: 25:45
Hall: 24:25
Perron: 23:26

Hemsky: 17:36

Your leading scorer gets 8 minutes less than anyone else. I don't even know anymore...

To be fair, the top line had a lot of successful rushes, while Hemsky was predominantly on a line with superstars Yakupov and Smyth who were just ******** the bed.

That said, he should have been in Eberle's role tonight.

EDIT: I was thinking of the switch near the end. Hemsky was the RW on the second line. Whoops.

I'm stressed out, give me a break.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
same old Oilers

-dumb decisions with the puck
-turnovers
-every player trying to do too much
-too little too late at the end of the game
-6 game roadie...they'll be lucky to win 2

suck bad for Ekblad! ;)

5cupstandard

Dec 19, 2010
The heart is their guys... dont give up on this team yet. Puck possession, puck battles and time on attack were all in our favor.

The Perfect Human*

J Schultz 24:43
Belov: 21:50
Ference: 19:34

Petry: 17:58
Smid: 14:23
N.Schultz: 13:10

Eakins has turned top-pairing defensemen into bottom-3 defensemen, and bottom-pairing defensemen into #1 defensemen.

No wonder this keeps happening.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Positives: Hall, RNH and Eberle have great conditioning under Eakins.
Negatives: the Oilers are worse than last year in pretty much every aspect of the game.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
As much as I love young NHL players and their "potential", we might have to package the 1st and one of the young guys for something. This team plays like crap, time to trade someone and make an exaple out of them, play hard or be traded. Because in all honesty I could care less at this point if a player has potential, I want results and I want them now. Its been too long dealing with this crap, its like watching groundhog day for 8 years straight...

/rant after a loss

knockoutpanda

Oilers Fan
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
How that Eller hit was only 2 minutes is way beyond me.

HAHA, so is Taylor Hall on the 3 stars. How?

I do not know maybe if Hall stayed down for longer. Also Hall had the only goal for the Oilers so benching him is not smart. This game is the Oilers curse of the backup we outplay them the entire third and get nothing but two goals against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad