Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-0. The lockout was more fun than this.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
I've seen some bad Oilers hockey....this has to be the WORST, considering the so called high end draft picks we have in the lineup.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Jets fan here…just wondering if there's a consensus as to what's wrong with the team. Is it coaching, goaltending or something else?

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
First time this franchise has been shut out 3 times in a row at home. Yeeesh.

Arcobello and Belov were the best on the ice. Everyone else didn't matter. Sharks friday (oh boy....).

Really really poor team. There is a legitimate chance we're going finish last in the NHL. Again.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I'm open to trading Hall. He's going to garner this biggest return and he honestly seems like a cancer in the room and on the ice.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
mad.jpg

Me neither. I called a 4-0 loss and I was close so I'm actually kind of okay with this.

Oct 30, 2011
First time this franchise has been shut out 3 times in a row at home. Yeeesh.

Arcobello and Belov were the best on the ice. Everyone else didn't matter. Sharks friday (oh boy....).

Really really poor team. There is a legitimate chance we're going finish last in the NHL. Again.

What's the NHL record?

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Eakins put Yak on the ice, then pulled Dubnyk to make sure he gets a minus tonight!

Would be good if someone went over all the GA with Yakupov on ice to determine how many minuses was he actually responsible for.

cyril*

Worst start in franchise history?

This is the makings of a classic "expansion team" type of season.

pSlayer*

Jets fan here…just wondering if there's a consensus as to what's wrong with the team. Is it coaching, goaltending or something else?

Seriously, EVERYTHING is wrong with this team and organization. EVERYTHING

DarkSaturn

Sep 10, 2008

It's just ownership, management, coaching staff, medical staff, scouts, players, fans, and media.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Oilers too small, too weak to handle western conference opponents.

They don't engage and can't win puck battles. No one has urgency to score.

5 years into the rebuild, and we have no depth. No heart. No desperation. Nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad