Dreger: Oilers/Leafs talking Kerfoot for Benning trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kerfoot has been producing at a lesser rate than he even was in Colorado at over twice the salary. I am not sure why Dubas would put him on the trade market after trading Kadri for him? If there is some truth with this rumour. Benning is in his last year of his contract, he will likely ask for a raise this summer. Not sure if this is motivation enough to take back 3.5m for Kerfoot who is on pace for only 35 points this year. I guess at least there is something to talk about today.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Ah so who likely moves up to that line if they moved Kerfoot?

Probably Johnsson, which would get Timashov into the lineup full time. Johnsson played top6 LW before he was hurt this year. He's struggled to put points on the board most of the year, but we've seen him in the role and he's no slouch. Totally fine if that means solving a defensive issue.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Johnsson - Tavares - Nylander
Clifford - Engvall - Kapanen
Timashov - Spezza - Goat

Something like that. We've got Marlies who can fill pressbox roles and 4th line injury replacements if necessary.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Was he just throwing out names as examples? Because Im fairly certain Dreger himself would tweet about it if it was substantial.

Sorry if I dont trust random twitter bros understanding of context

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Could be interesting depending on the adds to Benning.

In the past I liked the idea of Benning as a low cost add that might have some room to grow, but he's kind of stagnated and with the emergence of Holl/ readiness of Liljegren it kind of creates a log jam without addressing a top pair minute muncher.

Reactions: MasterMatt25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad