Dreger: Oilers/Leafs talking Kerfoot for Benning trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If true, I guess it means Dubas is comfortable going with Engval/Spezza/Gauthier as the bottom-2 Centers. Personally, I have been really underwhelmed by Kerfoot. I feel like he has been talked up by Colorado fans for a few years and watching him these past 50-60 games he seems like a less skilled Bozak to me. Not great at anything, but also no real glaring weakness besides a major tendency to overpass.

Talked up by Colorado fans??? At the time of the trade, every single Avs fans said that Kerfoot has great starts to his seasons and then drops-off significantly which is exactly what happened again this year. Leafs fans were too busy trying to convince us that Kerfoot was a great replacement for Kadri and that they won the trade.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
How common is it for Dreger to be this immediate? I mean does he often say things like "it might happen this morning"?

I don't follow him so just curious.

I can't recall a time he said something like this where it wasn't basically a done deal.

Granted I didn't see or hear the actual quote so he could easily be being misrepresented here.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Talked up by Colorado fans??? At the time of the trade, every single Avs fans said that Kerfoot has great starts to his seasons and then drops-off significantly which is exactly what happened again this year. Leafs fans were too busy trying to convince us that Kerfoot was a great replacement for Kadri and that they won the trade.
I've been fine with Kerfoot. He was basically a throw in...and he's been ok. Not great....not horrible.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Isn’t this the guy who just got suspended for racial slurs?

SJW kyle dubas is going to trade for that controversy?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
who becomes leafs 3/4 c if they move Kerfoot, out of curiosity? or has he been mostly playign wing?

do leafs go Matthews- Tavares - Spezza engvall?

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Actually the reason to do this is to get a serviceable bottom pairing RHD. The Leafs COULD run him in the second pairing but I really don't recommend it. You'll like him on the bottom pairing. He has been really good for the Oilers since coming back from injury.

I have said this before the guy we need from you is Adam Larsson not Matt Benning

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
who becomes leafs 3/4 c if they move Kerfoot, out of curiosity? or has he been mostly playign wing?

do leafs go Matthews- Tavares - Spezza engvall?
He's been playing wing lately, but was primarily C for the first 40 or so games. Engvall and Spezza have been the 3 and 4c the last little while.
We could certainly handle moving Kerfoot if the right deal was there.

Reactions: Getz2noone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad