Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Leafs 7pm - HNIC SN CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I'm expecting huge nights from Johnny Tamales and Michael Nylander. They hard tonight. Simmonds might kill-some-too. On the record.

They shall have Kailer Yamamoto back, so him makes them even more faster and ready. They pretty hard right now too sire. And have the Kassian bezack. For life. We gotta be ready to fezight tonight out there. Drop em and sock em like cherry doos.

Campbell on the other hand.... IS THE HARDEST(!) :clap:

Reactions: crump

Mar 26, 2010
Going to take a full 60 min effort. Absolutely need the big guns, 34 16 91 88 in top shape here. Hopefully Matthews gets the monkey off his back tonight.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Matthews needs to wake up and they need at least decent goaltending as these guys are not the Sens. Split coming up.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
You can only slap someone in the face so many times before they decide to fight back
See , there’s your problem ...
Punching instead of slapping said “ face “may impact the scenario greatly , thus having that
“ someone “ not being able to thrust forth their plan of attack , as they most likely will not be in good spirits or shape after the said “ punching “ in the face instead of the previously opined “ slapping “ comments ...

Last edited:
Reactions: TorMapleJays

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Lineups with GSVA from theathletic.com:

Screenshot_20210327-110153_Sheets.jpg

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
There was a time when I waited to see the lines because we had coaches who would almost always stick to those lines in game. With Keefe it seems like the lines he sends out before the game are just for fun. He'll mix and match and tinker from puck drop to the final horn.

Reactions: zeke

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Simmonds and Jumbo Joe on the top 2 lines is a glaring weakness. Jumbo is pretty much cooked, Simmonds also doesn't look like he has much left (although, he is coming back from a significant injury).

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Simmonds and Jumbo Joe on the top 2 lines is a glaring weakness. Jumbo is pretty much cooked, Simmonds also doesn't look like he has much left (although, he is coming back from a significant injury).
I think the big issue with Simmonds is what he does to the others on his line. He's forcing our best two wingers out of their natural spot.

At least Nylander can play the left, Marner's never looked comfortable there.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Galchenyuk on the 4th to start.
(Chucks glass of liquid against everything)
Andersen not in attendance...:)
I must say one thang now out with it................

Even the sharks of san jose (that are a much worse club than we are during these past two years), DIDN'T play joe thornton in their number one pp unit................................. that's weak. He ain't have the game he once had. I love that he's with us and MAKES US BETTER, but he should play on the secondary unit for life. He makes THAT BETTER. Tavares should always, always play on the first one. He's our CAPTAIN and a better player than JOE. PERIOD. FACTS baby, facts. I don't like the fact keefe continues to play with joe on there. He makes that worse than Tavvy would.

Even san jose knew this, all the way during their last two seasons. That tells a lot. Their first unit was couture - hertl - lebanc, karlsson Burns and Kane sometimes.

Think about it. Y'all see the players. Even san jose knew that those players are right now better than joe. You think tavares is not better than him? Nah bra. I know bout life and ice hockey.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Feeling good about tonight’s game. Both teams well rested. Oilers expecting a different result than the last three. But they won’t get one. I fully expect the rocket leader changing hands three times tonight. Matty with the hat trick.

Last edited:

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Only a matter of time before Matthews buries one of those A+ chances he’s been getting at least once every game. Hoping it’s tonight.

Reactions: Jojalu

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
So the Oilers got humiliated by us last series. They are going to come fired up. I don’t know how long we are going to have to say this but we need gritty players that are going to make us hard to play against. Matthews isn’t close to what he was earlier in the season.
Clog them up through the middle again and hopefully our top guys are better than they have been i guess for this one. This game is big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad