Oilers Leadership

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Boys with the recent information of Hitchcock letting McDavid, Drai and Nuge off practice early while the rest of the team got bag skates I really got to question the leadership of this move.

First off Hitchcock should not be pinning his top players against the rest of the team like this, what does it accomplish? Outside a few it looks like they are all trying hard, why punish them because they aren’t as skilled? They won’t magically acquire McDavid skill by trying harder in practice.

Second, why didn’t McDavid and the boys refuse to leave their guys behind? Was this a test to see what Connor would do? I think they should have said no we’re not going and lead by example in the bag skate.

What do you boys think?

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
It sends the right message. The bottom three lines of players have been dog shit. As for the defence, it is what it is, but Larsson and Nurse still make the same dumb plays every game so f*** it. They can practice longer too.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Drai is not a leader so it wasn't leadership vs rest.
The trio produced and does not deserve punishment. Others have been garbage and if they want to be exempt in future ala Drai then they need to perform better.

Also, the trio will be playing over 20mins tonight and will need their legs

Reactions: Llamamoto

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If any of our 'depth' players have a problem with it then they can be shipped out and won't be missed.

Next question.
As I mentioned elsewhere Rattie only one in the past 4 games with points. JP 4 points since callup. Jujhar was doing well then got suspended.

The depth guys need to step up and start producing. I don't like our overall depth, but that doesn't mean no one should be producing outside the big three.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
As I mentioned elsewhere Rattie only one in the past 4 games with points. JP 4 points since callup. Jujhar was doing well then got suspended.

The depth guys need to step up and start producing. I don't like our overall depth, but that doesn't mean no one should be producing outside the big three.

If you look at the talent level of our depth, I don't see evidence that they are underachieving.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If you look at the talent level of our depth, I don't see evidence that they are underachieving.
Sure they are. Given time in the top 6 should see more results than we are seeing. Then when you look at other things such as the PK or teammates not standing up for each other it really looks bad. This whole slump and not even one scrap to get the guys going? Just nothing out of the majority of these forwards.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Sure they are. Given time in the top 6 should see more results than we are seeing. Then when you look at other things such as the PK or teammates not standing up for each other it really looks bad. This whole slump and not even one scrap to get the guys going? Just nothing out of the majority of these forwards.

Who amongst this crop of garbage players should we be getting more out of? There's three top six forwards on this roster and the depth guys are mostly fourth liners at best.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I don't think the depth forwards have much more to give.

I do think it's a good idea for the coaches to try and get more out of them.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
No issues on my end, 3 players are carrying all of the limited offense we have. Let those boys rest, and let the other plugs skate in practice if they don't want to skate in the game.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Who amongst this crop of garbage players should we be getting more out of? There's three top six forwards on this roster and the depth guys are mostly fourth liners at best.
Well our depth guys aren't doing anything.

Kassian and Lucic are suppose to be muscle, they aren't doing any of it when we need it

Kassian, Reider, and Brodziak are suppose to help our PK which is garbage.

Rattie, Spooner, Lucic, Reider, JP, Kassian and KY have combined for 32 points that's just outright garbage.

Not just scoring. There are far too many passengers doing nothing.

The fact is so many are mad that LD can only produce with McDavid, yet I don't see anyone else getting so damn lucky

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Well our depth guys aren't doing anything.

Kassian and Lucic are suppose to be muscle, they aren't doing any of it when we need it

Kassian, Reider, and Brodziak are suppose to help our PK which is garbage.

Rattie, Spooner, Lucic, Reider, JP, Kassian and KY have combined for 32 points that's just outright garbage.

Not just scoring. There are far too many passengers doing nothing.

They're all bad players so them being bad shouldn't come as a surprise.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The trio produced and does not deserve punishment. Others have been garbage and if they want to be exempt in future ala Drai then they need to perform better.

Yeah lets bagskate Draisaitl for having 50pts and leading the team in goals..

His 21 goals is almost as much as the entire amount of depth scoring on this team. 15 players have scored 6 more goals than Drai combined. One of them makes almost the same amount of money when taking into account cap appreciation.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Duke74

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

How do you know this exactly?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He let the guys he has to ride heavy minutes of the game leave early. He has to ride them cause the rest aren't doing Frick all. Outside of those 3 and Chiasson,most of the team is having a career low for production.

The team wouldn't be upset or mad about it. They know they need to do more and they are probably fine with the 3 guys single handedly producing for the team getting a little break.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
It's not like the team is full of dummies. It's obvious why they were rewarded and it doesn't need to spelled out to the rest of the team. Perform well? Get rewarded.

Play like shit, and skate.

It seems like every coaching technique has been used in Edmonton over the last 10 years to two lackluster results, so let's see how carrots and rods work.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
So many 3rd and 4th line players on this team which isn't their fault. Then again so many 3rd and 4th liners not to not bag skate?

At the same time it's good to rest Connor.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Second, why didn’t McDavid and the boys refuse to leave their guys behind? Was this a test to see what Connor would do? I think they should have said no we’re not going and lead by example in the bag skate.

What do you boys think?
If that's the case, he passed with flying colours; by not playing stupid headgames, and just listening to the coach. If Hitch had the audacity to do that to one of the 4 guys on this team not playing like shit, then he can gtfo.

Keep them fresh, I'm sure the boys are sore from carrying this joke of a team. And the rest of the guys should feel like losers, and seperate from the big 3, because so far they are. Don't like it, play better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad