Pre-Game Talk: Oilers Law(se) is Jets Gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
What's with today's Finns? Not at all like the earlier Finnish players. It's not a place where you want to spend first round picks anymore.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
lmao. Laine was an abysmal -26 just over a year ago and a remote control disconnected disaster. Laine was for prolonged stretches one of the worst Jets in terms of ignoring half the ice. Also a primadonna that was demanding first line toi and was unhappy with his use. There were tons of trouble with Laine in Winnipeg over the year and his goal scoring has steadily dropped. quite clearly over the years the player was not improving.

You can't just look at the stats. Laine was often a distraction in Winnipeg, drew the ire of multiple jets including Wheeler, and would do things on the ice that would make team mates wonder where his head was at. The Jets clearly saw a need to move this player for help that they feel is more beneficial to their org.

Because PLD demanding a trade this early into his career and blatantly giving up on his team to start this season until said trade was made isn't primadonna behaviour?

Laine has the one season where he was a big minus, otherwise has consistently been a plus player.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Because PLD demanding a trade this early into his career and blatantly giving up on his team to start this season until said trade was made isn't primadonna behaviour?

Laine has the one season where he was a big minus, otherwise has consistently been a plus player.

Laine and his agent have been wanting a trade for the longest time from winnipeg. he's been a constant distraction to the Jets and one they are probably glad is over. The thing is Laine will be a selfish arrogant headcase wherever he goes. I think Dubois will do fine in Winnipeg.

To his credit, unlike Laine, Dubois did not throw any of his team mates, coaches etc under the bus. He was professional and kept the comments to himself, just consistently indicating he wanted a trade.

The difference is Laine had all kinds of rope in Winnipeg, had an easy players coach, and Dubois had Tortorella, who is noted for grudges and who typically has a shelf life and has probably overstayed that now in Columbus. By my take Torts is good for awhile in places and then his shtick no longer works anymore. Torts was reformed and being better when he started in Columbus, but he's reverted back to being pretty constantly hard on players. Eventually players don't respond anymore.

In anycase both players go to new teams but careful what you asked for in Laines case, he's going straight to Tortorella, and lol if he figured he had things bad in Winnipeg. Columbus won't take his shit either. Dubois will fit in fine in Winnipeg. They will welcome him. Laine has a lot of trouble fitting keeping his yap shut and players like Little sure know about it.

Finally, this isn't the first player to want out of Columbus, Panarin and Bobrovsky as well, and the jackets should be careful about letting a head coach push too many key players out the door, which is only making the Jackets a worse club. Columbus had a chance a year or two ago. now thats gone.

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
WTF is up with these stupid blackouts in broadcasts every night? I understand you guys get most games on SN West but being from the East coast this will be the 2nd Oiler game in a row I won't get to watch on TV.

It wouldn't even bother me too much, because I don't mind streaming games, only for they got the Pens/Rangers game playing nationally on Sportsnet tomorrow night. Where the hell is the logic in that? With an all Canadian division there's no excuse for not being able to arrange it where most, if not all, North division games can be televised nationally.

Sorry guys, just my rant for the day lol.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
To his credit, unlike Laine, Dubois did not throw any of his team mates, coaches etc under the bus. He was professional and kept the comments to himself, just consistently indicating he wanted a trade.
I don’t agree with this at all. Did you not watch his last few games? Dubois went out and dogged it. Essentially pouting on the ice. He abandoned his teammates guys he’s played with his entire career. Completely disgraceful. Say what you want about Laine he’s played hard and done his job on the ice.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Guess who the guys are wayyy to the left? JP, Ennis, Turris, and Shore lol

edit - why doesn't an image get inserted? I hit the image buton and paste the link

Screenshot-415.png

mod edit: Sometimes you have to right click the picture > open image in new tab and then use that link.
rMqcmSP

rMqcmSP[\img]

Last edited by a moderator:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I don’t agree with this at all. Did you not watch his last few games? Dubois went out and dogged it. Essentially pouting on the ice. He abandoned his teammates guys he’s played with his entire career. Completely disgraceful. Say what you want about Laine he’s played hard and done his job on the ice.

Laine was one of the worst 200ft hockey players I saw in 18-19. I used to watch him just for laughs. He packed it in for most of that season. He's a player that despite scoring doesn't make his team one bit better.

We know its the case that Dubois was unhappy in Columbus. Unlike Laine who ran at the mouth about how inferior he found his linemates Dubois has had enough class to say nothing.

The jackass in this is Tortorella. Specifically talking to the media about dubois, flaming him in the media, taunting him through the media. You think Tortorella, of all coaches would know better, apparently not. This is the kind of bs Torts does with every team prior to being fired. Its his whole history. Tries to be decent initially, says hes' reformed, then it just takes time and Torts unravels himself again getting into conflicts with key players on teams.

Laine has no such excuse.

Last edited:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Laine was one of the worst 200ft hockey players I saw in 18-19. I used to watch him just for laughs. He packed it in for most of that season. He's a player that despite scoring doesn't make his team one bit better.

We know its the case that Dubois was unhappy in Columbus. Unlike Laine who ran at the mouth about how inferior he found his linemates Dubois has had enough class to say nothing.

The jackass in this is Tortorella. Specifically talking to the media about dubois, flaming him in the media, taunting him through the media. You think Tortorella, of all coaches would know better, apparently not. This is the kind of bs Torts does with every team prior to being fired. Its his whole history. Tries to be decent initially, says hes' reformed, then it just takes time and Torts unravels himself again getting into conflicts with key players on teams.

Laine has no such excuse.
Who cares about the media. Imagine being an nhl player working your life to get to this level and your sitting there watching your top center try and play his way off the team.

Read this they even mentioned Laine and how there is minimal conflict and he’s playing well. Dubois is doing the most selfish thing you can do.

Analyzing what led to Pierre-Luc Dubois' benching by John Tortorella

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Who cares about the media. Imagine being an nhl player working your life to get to this level and your sitting there watching your top center try and play his way off the team.

Read this they even mentioned Laine and how there is minimal conflict and he’s playing well. Dubois is doing the most selfish thing you can do.

Analyzing what led to Pierre-Luc Dubois' benching by John Tortorella

Laine won't even stay in Columbus. I think hes shocked at the trade and not happy about it. Dubois on the other hand is thrilled to go to Winnipeg where his dad coaches.

I could less what Torts says about a player, not the first time. Torts is a drama queen coach. He's the coaching equivalent of Chiarelli.

I would have Dubois over what we're getting from RNH as a player any day of the week. With Dubois being younger and already much better all round player than the 10 yr RNH. I mean I can't imagine what Torts would think about the several players half assing it here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->