Nov 3, 2013
Kahun-McD-Pulju
RNH-Drai-Yam
Benson-Turris-Kassian
Neal-Haas-Archibald

Nurse-Bear
Russell-Barrie
Koekkoek-Bouchard

Ennis was brutal last game, had multiple terrible turnovers and generally looked like he didn't give a f***. I'd also take Kassian out for a game, but Tipp won't do that.

Why not give Benson a shot??? Maybe he could spark something. It's not like our bottom 6 could produce less when they're 0'fer in 6 games.

Reactions: Broberg Speed

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Tipp is a good coach. Get at me!!!

To all the people complaining about his lines and his fossil decisions...i would bet dollars to donuts alot of it has to do w/ massaging McDs ego.

McD can't be stapled to 2 Kassians

Stop this. Right now.

This fanbase has a terrible habit of creating malicious rumours about our best players whenever something goes wrong.

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Can we fire this fossil already? He is actively hurting the team by not putting DRY back together and seemingly also being stuck on Kass-McD. Holland has done a poor job getting him key pieces but this is basically sabotage at this point. I would take Mike f***ing Babcock at this point because at least he had the good sense to keep lines that worked together.

uh.

i think someone else made certain decisions that led to holland not being able to acquire key players because of a lack of cap space

i think this person’s son plays on our 4th line

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Jets traded Laine to Columbus for Dubois.

This is probably bad news for us.
Dubois needs to quarantine before he can report to the Jets in Canada. Maybe long term it will be bad news for us. But for now it's a positive for us.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

In the comments the same Twitter account states that Oilers considering dressing 7 D men in order to get Bouchard in there.

How about you cowards just dress 6 and take Larsson out?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I would like to try this somewhere down the line. I've been disgusted by the play of Chiasson, Khaira, Ennis, and Larsson so it is time to give some other players a chance imo. I'm tired of our bottom 6 playing like absolute trash every night so the coach should be sending a message that they should be working their asses off every night. Just look at Yamamoto. Is he the fastest or strongest guy in the world? No. But the guy gives it his all every shift. I wish more of our other players (specifically those in the bottom 6) could match some of that effort. Also wouldn't mind trying out Mcleod later in the season if no one takes the bull by the horns.

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Neal-Turris-Kassian
Benson-Haas-Archibald

Nurse-Bear
Russell-Barrie
Koekkoek-Bouchard

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Team has played quite well in the last two games. Need to string some wins together here or they risk falling out of the race completely. Have to figure out a combination in the bottom six that will
a) not get scored on at least once every game
b) score once in a while

Seems like a tall hill to climb at this point.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Dubois needs to quarantine before he can report to the Jets in Canada. Maybe long term it will be bad news for us. But for now it's a positive for us.

WE get them 8 more times after this, and Laine wasn't playing either anyway. Winnipeg Bolsters at Center in a big way, and improve the team much more than what they gave up. Looks like Jets figured they are in this thing, and they probably are. Northern division just got tougher.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
WE get them 8 more times after this, and Laine wasn't playing either anyway. Winnipeg Bolsters at Center in a big way, and improve the team much more than what they gave up. Looks like Jets figured they are in this thing, and they probably are. Northern division just got tougher.

I think they lost the trade on value, but Dubios is a pretty good player and probably will be a good fit for them.

Oilers should be better than the Jets, but when only 2 players show up to help McDavid and Draisaitl on a regular basis and the coach has no idea what to do and is actively making bad decisions on top of all the other problems, you're in tough.

Jets have a good chance to get in the top 4.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Not sure if we can take both games of this series, but I'm pretty confident in the Oilers tomorrow night.

First game for the Jets after losing Laine without the corresponding enthusiasm for PLD in the lineup.

Plus the Jets are on the back end of a back to back.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not sure if we can take both games of this series, but I'm pretty confident in the Oilers tomorrow night.

First game for the Jets after losing Laine without the corresponding enthusiasm for PLD in the lineup.

Oilers? Jump on a vulnerable team? Ha. More likely they will wait for Winnipeg to set whatever pace for the game they want and then sheepishly go along with playing just to that level.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Plus the Jets are on the back end of a back to back

Did you not read The Laws?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Meh. Good ol' Canadian boy syndrome. Laine is 9th in the league in goals since he entered the league. Subsequently PLD has hit 50 points once in 3 seasons and just gave up on his former team in a way I don't know that I've ever seen before. Completely embarrassed himself until the Blue Jackets were forced to deal him.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Not necessarily. Laine was out with injury and Roslovic wasn’t playing for them. They seemed to do okay while Laine was out.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Meh. Good ol' Canadian boy syndrome. Laine is 9th in the league in goals since he entered the league. Subsequently PLD has hit 50 points once in 3 seasons and just gave up on his former team in a way I don't know that I've ever seen before. Completely embarrassed himself until the Blue Jackets were forced to deal him.

lmao. Laine was an abysmal -26 just over a year ago and a remote control disconnected disaster. Laine was for prolonged stretches one of the worst Jets in terms of ignoring half the ice. Also a primadonna that was demanding first line toi and was unhappy with his use. There were tons of trouble with Laine in Winnipeg over the year and his goal scoring has steadily dropped. quite clearly over the years the player was not improving.

You can't just look at the stats. Laine was often a distraction in Winnipeg, drew the ire of multiple jets including Wheeler, and would do things on the ice that would make team mates wonder where his head was at. The Jets clearly saw a need to move this player for help that they feel is more beneficial to their org.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

They’re playing today aren’t they? Tomorrow is their second game after losing Laine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad