Not open for further replies.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
I would like to see:

Kahun-McDavid-Puljujärvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Ennis-Turris-Haas
Neal/Nygård-Shore-Kassian/Archibald

Yea the 4th line is a mess, but play limited minutes 5on5, heavier usage in special teams. McLeod should get a chance too, but need to have someone to play PK too.

Nurse-Bear
Russell-Barrie
Koekkoek-Bouchard

Got to give Bouchard a go. Every pair would have a good puck-mover.

Tippett will never do it, because he values grit. I value having three lines with most amount of skill possible. So that you don't have passengers. Everyone need to be able to drive the play.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
Article 12: Any discretionary rulings on the Oilers for major penalties, trades or signings of players, coaches or executives, the NHL shall automatically strip Edmonton of at least one 3rd-round pick, and subsequently give that pick to the Calgary Flames. At the leagues discretion, additional 3rd-round picks may also be randomly given to Calgary.

Also any rulings on bonus payments due on shortened seasons and unplayed games/unfullfilled contract terms, shall automatically be ruled against Edmonton's best interests.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
When Tippett was asked about putting Pulju on the first line, he said “we’ll see”.

So I’m guessing the line-up will look like this.

RNH-McDavid-Kassian
Kahun-Drai-Yamamoto
Ennis-Turris-Pulju
Neal-Shore-Archibald

If Tippett starts Kassian on the first line I will join the "fire his ass" club. Seriously. Is this guy mental?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Matty's question...have you always played a style where you go to the corners and get the puck?

This should have been Honey Badgers response:

Jim, it’s like this. I don’t give a shit. I’ve never given a shit, I am not giving a shit now, and I will continue not giving a shit into the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Stoneman89

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Honestly, despite all the negativity, I think the last couple games showed they were trending upwards and players are starting to gel.

Agree with both of you. Their last two games have been their best, still plenty of work to do but the execution has been improving as well as the defensive play.

I was highly critical of them in their first 4 games of the season but the play has improved and the results will likely follow. It's important to remember that this team is missing its best defender. Any team who loses a top defender is going to struggle to adjust.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Winnipeg will be playing their second game of a back to back and without Laine.

Zero excuses gotta get the 2 points and take care of business.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Winnipeg will be playing their second game of a back to back and without Laine.

Zero excuses gotta get the 2 points and take care of business.

This team will always find a way to play down to their opponent and/or let them off the hook for having a depleted/tired roster.

They will start the game and see how Winnipeg is playing and then attempt to play to about that level.

It's basically how this team does everything.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Nice to see trades still happen, hope Holland is busy working on something. Defence or goalie would be nice.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
I seem to remember Kassian getting pretty pouty a couple years ago when they moved him down the lineup. He looked totally disinterested and just went thru the motions until they moved him back up, and it was like flipping a switch. Some players work harder to get back up but he was the opposite. From my recollection anyways. It's a tough decision on what to do with the guy to wake him up but I'm thinking if you throw him on the 4th line, you might as well just waive him at that point. I can't imagine any team picking him up at his salary. Put him on the taxi squad maybe. Could they do that?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Can you imagine Jim asking John Tortorella a question?

The response would be pure gold.

A09206CF-1200-477B-92D8-ECA4A1B8161F.gif

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Tipp is a good coach. Get at me!!!

To all the people complaining about his lines and his fossil decisions...i would bet dollars to donuts alot of it has to do w/ massaging McDs ego.

McD can't be stapled to 2 Kassians

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
When you look at PDo and a lot of other advanced stats, the Oilers are actually one of the "unluckiest" teams in the NHL. Right at the bottom. Production will go up soon to at least average. Have to keep playing decent 5 on 5 D.

Reactions: Balakay14

Oct 15, 2017
Turris's was prob the most important pick up that Oilers needed to work out, and he looks like a wet noodle out there .

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Tipp is a good coach. Get at me!!!

To all the people complaining about his lines and his fossil decisions...i would bet dollars to donuts alot of it has to do w/ massaging McDs ego.

McD can't be stapled to 2 Kassians

If the only thing you can do as a coach is one line combo ... then you're probably not a very good coach.

Dude has done jack shit here other than ride that one line for a couple of months and improve the PK. The PP is good when it is good simply because 2 minutes of McDavid + Draisaitl is too much for most teams to handle 5 on 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad