Oilers @ Kraken - Saturday 11x2

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I sense a great, unexpected comeback, starting in the next two minutes. We have lulled Edmonton into a false sense of security and will strike at any second.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Matty throwing his weight around. Anything to wake the team up, I guess. But I wish he'd leave that to Dumoulin or somebody.

A rare Winterton siting. Good game to give the kids some ice time.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Another inexplicable black out on Sports Net. Guess it's the right night for one. Last time I looked the Kraken had seven shots in a period and a half. Is it possible that the coach has lost the room? Got to begin to wonder.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Feed is back on but I missed little. One additional shot in five minutes. This game is going nowhere fast.....though not fast enough.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Just saw the box score…woof

How does Zach fuxin Hyman get a natural hat trick on them in the first 20 minutes, especially when neither McDavid nor Draisaitl assisted?

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
NIne shots for two periods of play. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that the Marquis has had more shots in the same amount of time.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Just saw the box score…woof

How does Zach fuxin Hyman get a natural hat trick on them in the first 20 minutes, especially when neither McDavid nor Draisaitl assisted?
63 goals in the last two seasons. Now this year so far seven goals in 12+ games. Sure, he benefits greatly because of you-know-who, but he is a very useful player to have around.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
63 goals in the last two seasons. Now this year so far seven goals in 12+ games. Sure, he benefits greatly because of you-know-who, but he is a very useful player to have around.
Enh I hated him on the Leafs. He’s made a career coat-tailing off generational superstars. Between him and Kane, they’re an easy team to dislike.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Doesn't look like my rousing comeback is in the cards. I pity the people that paid money to see this debackle.

• Haha
Reactions: Irie

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Nice tip by Schwartz, At least we are on the board.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Suddenly we have some jump. A bit weird that they would wait this long, though, to start skating.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Finally able to turn the game on after Schwartz goal…

Holy crap what a sloppy mess

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
So many delays.

So this grasshopper hops into a bar and the bartender comes over and says "Hey, do you know that we have a drink named after you." And the grasshopper goes "You mean you have a drink named Howard."

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Not an enjoyable game on any level. The second half of the first period was an absolute horror show, and the team never seemed seriously interested in recovering from that large of a deficit.

I'll turn out the lights.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I have to say I liked the Chemistry of our team last year...we made 1-2 too many changes and with the injuries the outcome hasn't been great...hopefully some of the injured players make their way back soon and provide some sort of spark cause the Kraken are in dire need of it after losing to lowly Edmonton

Reactions: roccerfeller

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
We are the saviours of Alberta hockey.

Playing a team that can't defend and usually doesn't get any goaltending and having about seven shots after two periods.

Overall I probably shouldn't be too surprised given what I've said about this roster during the offseason.

Unless the younger guys are going through the roof(they're currently not and even Beniers struggles) this is one of the most mediocre rosters of the whole league.
Those teams have two ways to go.

1) If everything clicks(like last season) they can be pretty good and get about 90 - 100 points to make the playoffs.

2) If things don't click as much they can beat good teams, then lose to bad ones and end up somewhere in the 70 - 80+ point range not making the playoffs and drafting in the 10 - 15 range.

I guess after experiencing the great season last year, we're in for option two this season.

Like I've said many times, I'm still curious of how Francis tries to take the next step with this team meaning bringing in actual difference makers.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I don’t like how Edmonton has played like poo all year, and then they decide “to show up” against us. Azzholes!

Honestly we have not really played poorly all year. We're first in the league for xGF% at 5 on 5.

It's just been an insane season in terms of poor finish, bad Goaltending, and a lack of puck luck in general.

According to the advanced stats this was actually one of our worst outings of the season.

Reactions: majormajor

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Catching the "highlights", that 4th goal was a complete horror show for Beniers. Loses the DZone faceoff cleanly, runs around like his hair is on fire for 20+ seconds while the Kraken are hopelessly pinned in their end, then gets shrugged off by 6"1 200 lb Dylan Holloway at the side of the net.

Feel like I'm riding the kid A LOT lately, but if we expect him to be "the face of the franchise" he's gotta do a LOOOOOOOOOOOOT better than this.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Capture.JPG

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
then gets shrugged off by 6"1 200 lb Dylan Holloway at the side of the net.

You can see Beniers guessing where the puck is going after it clangs off the glass, he guessed wrong, it went right to Holloway in front of the net.

Holloway did beat him to the net on the initial shot, that was worse in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad