Eklund Rumor: Oilers interested in Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
That is a reason Kreider's value goes down, though. They have to get rid of someone to fit the RFAs and it means resigning him (for a cap limited competitive team) will be even harder with a lower salary cap.

There are a bunch of things that can be done to make a million or two for cap room. Trading Kreider won't be a reason to do that.

Last edited:

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Understood, but I do think his value now is good. There is no reason for NY to move him now if they intend to move him. They will get more at the deadline because of that desperation and competition.

While I agree they will probably wait, there is a reason to move him now instead of at the deadline. They still have 2 unsigned RFAs, requiring more cap space, who they should get signed before training camp if they care about their long term potential as part of the team.

Edit: Oh, you addressed this while I was quoting this other post. Yeah, it can be handled other ways, but they at least have to do something.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
That is a reason Kreider's value goes down, though. They have to get rid of someone to fit the RFAs and it means resigning him (for a cap limited competitive team) will be even harder with a lower salary cap.
Trading Kreider to gain the cap space is an option. But it's not the only option.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Were so screwed now with cap space we might have to trade Panarin and Trouba so we can give big extensions to Ada and Lemieux.

Were so ****ed. Maybe we should close up shop and move to Nova Scotia. Our Mascots can be Corey and Trevor.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Bumping a week-old thread, but Eklund's back at it again:

"Oilers and Rangers...

I was told by no less than three sources, that the Oilers and Ken Holland are targeting Chris Kreider from the Rangers. The deal would include a prospect, and solid pick and restricted free agent Jesse Puljujärvi. The Oilers also like Rangers defenseman and restricted free agent Anthony DeAngelo, but I am told that is a non-starter.
The Rangers have been "inundated with requests regarding Kreider." "

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Kreider for Puljujärvi Plus? Hawks/Hoffman. Mikko> Norway; Mon's Buzz

Reactions: egelband

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
The cashier at his supermarket, some guy on reddit, and his cat!

All 3 probably about as reputable as Eklund.

FWIW, unless the pick is a 1st, I just really don't see a fit here. Top 5 protected sure, but since his trade request, Puljujarvi's value just is not anywhere near sufficient enough to be the main selling point in a trade for Kreider

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Kreider for Puljujarvi, 2nd and Bear
Make it Jones!

Got any half-decent winger prospects with top 6/top 9 potential? I think I'd be scared to take Poolparty as the main piece coming back. No question he's talented but I'm not sure he'll be given a big opportunity to put it together with NYR. He'd be playing lower line-up minutes.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Could be a good add by Edmonton.
Edmonton needs good depth players, and Kreider is an excellent one.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Again, Kreider goes nowhere to no one unless there is an adequate return at min.
Also, that goes up if/when, as is anticipated, Rangers extend Kreider maxing his value, whether kept or dealt.

That Pulj has exercised his option to go to overseas means even if there is an out on that deal, you are still dealing only for his rights atm. Not a dealbreaker, but an impediment headache that possibly reduces his value.

We seem to agree there is no aha moment from a solid match everyone agrees to, at least in substantial measure.

We should move on and consider if Buchnevich is not an easier piece for a move.
Someone starting another thread for that, of course.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Again, Kreider goes nowhere to no one unless there is an adequate return at min.
Also, that goes up if/when, as is anticipated, Rangers extend Kreider maxing his value, whether kept or dealt.

That Pulj has exercised his option to go to overseas means even if there is an out on that deal, you are still dealing only for his rights atm. Not a dealbreaker, but an impediment headache that possibly reduces his value.

We seem to agree there is no aha moment from a solid match everyone agrees to, at least in substantial measure.

We should move on and consider if Buchnevich is not an easier piece for a move.
Someone starting another thread for that, of course.

That is the opposite of what we are hearing from people who report on the league. They maintain that Puljujarvi's signing overseas has had no impact on negotiations. Alan Mitchell on the Athletic for one.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
That is the opposite of what we are hearing from people who report on the league. They maintain that Puljujarvi's signing overseas has had no impact on negotiations. Alan Mitchell on the Athletic for one.

Holland himself said he was glad Puljujarvi is going to be playing hockey somewhere instead of holding out and that it doesn't change negotiations at all.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Holland himself said he was glad Puljujarvi is going to be playing hockey somewhere instead of holding out and that it doesn't change negotiations at all.

Alan Mitchell in regards to the Rangers and possibly Kreider:

That makes the situation slightly more hopeful for both sides. If a team, say the Toronto Maple Leafs, is able to sign Mitch Marner, there could be a deal in place to offload some cap to make room for Marner. Puljujarvi doesn’t have a contract, but at this point, we can assume a $1 million (or so) cap hit gets it done with the team acquiring him. Would Toronto offload quality to save cap and add another big winger with skill? Would the New York Rangers be willing to move a substantial player to make room for its remaining RFAs? There might be options in Winnipeg, Carolina and other NHL cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad