Pre-Game Talk: Oilers in the SENS Den, Thurs 7:30 TSN | Cheap Beer Edition

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
The problem with Claesson's shot is that he needs time and space to set it up.

"Time" and "Space", of course, being the top two things you have the least amount of at the NHL level.
Wind up is really big, no power play time and haven't seen him take many one timers.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
my bad meant to quote Nac Mac Feegle

Nothing personal against Ceci. I'm usually one of the folks defending him.

But on that play, we had 3 pylons on the ice. Very bad look while watching the game to see three guys basically standing still and letting McJesus just walk in and score.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Nothing personal against Ceci. I'm usually one of the folks defending him.

But on that play, we had 3 pylons on the ice. Very bad look while watching the game to see three guys basically standing still and letting McJesus just walk in and score.

Not as easy to just vacate your position because one guy doesn’t do his job. Ceci was in a perfect position, Duchene was in a good position as well. They were expecting Hoffman to rotate with Chabot once he followed RNH high. Hoffman expected someone else to take care of his reposbsibilty.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Not as easy to just vacate your position because one guy doesn’t do his job. Ceci was in a perfect position, Duchene was in a good position as well. They were expecting Hoffman to rotate with Chabot once he followed RNH high. Hoffman expected someone else to take care of his reposbsibilty.

I find that Ceci gets ripped on a lot around here for instances when he's done nothing wrong, and his D partner or a winger has capped the bed on coverage that led to a goal. Like, Ceci is required to cover 2 guys now, and it's his fault he didn't?

Like, Ceci's certainly not perfect, he makes his fair share of mistakes, but I feel like he also takes the blame for a lot of other player's fair share of mistakes, too.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I find that Ceci gets ripped on a lot around here for instances when he's done nothing wrong, and his D partner or a winger has capped the bed on coverage that led to a goal. Like, Ceci is required to cover 2 guys now, and it's his fault he didn't?

Like, Ceci's certainly not perfect, he makes his fair share of mistakes, but I feel like he also takes the blame for a lot of other player's fair share of mistakes, too.

I agree. Not even a fan of his but always find myself having to defend him. Once you're a whipping boy its hard to recover. If he had a good CF% he would be loved like Weircioch and Claesson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad