Pre-Game Talk: Oilers hit the beach for Fall break in Ft Lauderdale vs the Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I know how you feel, it pissed me off a bit seeing Schultz stuffing his dumb face with some chips.
However to me it's not a prime concern, I couldn't care less if all our players looked like Big Buff or Phil Kessel, I just want to see their heads in the game.

Yep. It just elicited my rants. I had the same initial reaction and then didn't want to let it go..

People can look at it and laugh, get some fun out of chipgate, its mostly venting, although I would wonder what coach would think about it.

Anyway I got some chairs to kick.. :laugh:

I should try to channel some good ol George Harrison karma but..dammit its Monday, snow outside, bah humbug..

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Not that it matters, because I find this discussion to be on the ridiculous side, but he's eating popcorn. And a tiny bit at that, after a day of practice and working out.

Yeesh.

I'm only mirroring the team on the ice. Perfectly ridiculous. Its synchronicity of sorts.

I'll promise to post better and with more effort when the club isn't getting booed and laughed off their home ice.

The odd thing is this is better than talking about the next game. Which btw nobody is doing. Complete disinterest. Again fans mirroring the club.

prediction ; Gilbert with a goal and an assist. +3 on the night. PLaying better than any Oiler D. hmmmm.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
A far more egregious usage of popcorn during a sporting event:

terrell_owens_popcorn_dallas_feature.jpg

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
I am disconcerted that a couple Oilers are sitting up there with not a care in the world. Not to mention Schultz chowing down on chips right at the game he's getting paid to be at.

Not sure why people can't get even that part.

same here. show me some effin professionalism once in a while, if not on ice then at least off it.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
This is what you're mad about?

XopbzdO.gif

AF83upP.gif

It's too bad about the obstruction... could've been perfect.

Jeez guys... for all we know Hall was looking up the stats of one of the opponents... smart phones do more than txt and tweet for gawd sake.

And my spouse is a clinical psychologist. (trumping my bachelors).... we both agree other than an awkward face putting some popcorn into Schultz' mouth, there is nothing to see here.

But carry on.... not like we don't have enough to critique when watching what's happening... you know... on the ice.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Now this one I found a little more perplexing when I watched.

Is that a wall between our GM and our Prez?

I know nobody likes the idea of Lowe having any influence... but why wouldn't he and MacT be analyzing the game together?

Anyway... it was 3 seconds (actually they showed them a few times).... not a biggie.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
Well Schultz probably wasn't taking notes for the same reason he dropped out of college- he hates studying! We can't even be sure if Hall is literate or not...
I think we should focus on drafting another Boyd Devereaux - scholastic player of the year, and as Sather boasted at the draft, a born again Christian! I bet he wouldn't dare have a sip of alcohol after a game.

I think Dr. Randy Gregg might agree with you there bud. The team needs more IQ.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
First, I want to say thank you for not thinking that the Panthers play in Miami. You guys got closer than most. http://goo.gl/maps/SZ9pc

Not set in stone, but Panthers lines look like this so far...

Huberdeau-Barkov-Fleischmann
Upshall-Bjugstad-Winchester
Kopecky, Goc, Matthias, Versteeg.
Barch, Bergenheim, Gomez, Boyes.

Beautiful, right? Bottom two lines, Versteeg is likely healthy scratch. Barch is probably scratch on the last one. Also, is this where I go to post about popcorn?

POPCORN-2.gif

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
1s.gif

Maybe his mom sent him a text telling him everything is going to be ok, and winning isn't everything. And to say hi to Jordan for her.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
same here. show me some effin professionalism once in a while, if not on ice then at least off it.

What are you exactly expecting? :shakehead I know this is a frustrating time for all of us Oilers fans, but good god, we don't need to micro-analyze everything, let alone a 5 second long clip...

How is anything in those gifs "unprofessional?

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Or maybe Bobby Orr was telling him don't worry Taylor we almost have that forced trade ready.

I could actually see that happening. I know I'm reading into it too much but Orr's comment on Hall was simply "He wants to win". That was all he said. That could be a telling comment or I could be reading into it too much.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
What are you exactly expecting? :shakehead I know this is a frustrating time for all of us Oilers fans, but good god, we don't need to micro-analyze everything, let alone a 5 second long clip...

How is anything in those gifs "unprofessional?

Yeah that's kind of a joke. I get we are all pissed off, and rightfully so, but now we're bashing players because they are eating ****ing potato chips?

Jesus.

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
Yeah that's kind of a joke. I get we are all pissed off, and rightfully so, but now we're bashing players because they are eating ****ing potato chips?

Jesus.

No, you're missing the point, they should be good students of the game...

... during a stoppage of play...

Oh and obviously, the media thought this was a big deal, because the cameras NEVER venture into the boxes were injured players are sitting out... NEVER... And during a stoppage of play too, they probably cancelled the commercials to show this outrageous display if chippy nihilism...

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012

Jesus.

:laugh:

Q: How do you know the Oilers are having a rough season?
A: When a player eating popcorn can send a fan base into a crazed frenzy.

on the flip side.

Q: How do you know you suck?
A: When a video of you eating popcorn generates a vicious mob.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
You know the fans have had it when they're commenting on a dude (Schultz) eating popcorn. :laugh:

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Fun facts:

• during the 2006 Stanley Cup playoff run, popcorn was banned in the press box.

• after taking over ownership of the Edmonton Oilers, deep pocketed Katz brought in a "free popcorn in the press box" policy. The team has struggled since.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ

Jesus.

they know well that every their step, breath, cough or fart will be scrutinized and rated. they know that their coach won't be happy to know that they are eating chips. why at least not refrain from eating ****ing chips in public? why not refrain from showing up in a bar just after suffering a bad loss?
i wouldn't give a damn about it if they were coming off a strong cup run or at least were being unlucky for the majority of season while trying hard, but all i've seen from them is a bunch of half-assed efforts, and this is lasting for years. show some ****ing humility you losers.
as a sports journo who has seen and heard hundreds of interviews i know that words are nothing when coming out of athlete's mouth. they can say whatever they want, tell tall tales about taking all those losses to their hearts, but i don't see them act as they're giving a rat's ***. i'm frustrated and mad at them because i've watched quite a few examples of athletes' body language in my lifetime. their brand of it is far too relaxed for a young team that is doing bad and needs to improve desperately.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
they know well that every their step, breath, cough or fart will be scrutinized and rated. they know that their coach won't be happy to know that they are eating chips. why at least not refrain from eating ****ing chips in public? why not refrain from showing up in a bar just after suffering a bad loss?
i wouldn't give a damn about it if they were coming off a strong cup run or at least were being unlucky for the majority of season while trying hard, but all i've seen from them is a bunch of half-assed efforts, and this is lasting for years. show some ****ing humility you losers.
as a sports journo who has seen and heard hundreds of interviews i know that words are nothing when coming out of athlete's mouth. they can say whatever they want, tell tall tales about taking all those losses to their hearts, but i don't see them act as they're giving a rat's ***. i'm frustrated and mad at them because i've watched quite a few examples of athletes' body language in my lifetime. their brand of it is far too relaxed for a young team that is doing bad and needs to improve desperately.

They have every right to go out after a game and do what they please. As long as they're not getting Rob Ford wild, who are you to dictate what they do when they're off the clock?

Why should they refrain from eating popcorn in public? I mean, seriously. Popcorn? We're talking about popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->