Pre-Game Talk: Oilers Hawks Game 2

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Tippett favouring Smith all year has bothered me. It’s clearly based on the prior relationship. Smith’s scrambled style in the net makes the team play loose as well. Ride Koskinen for the rest of the playoffs.
Agreed. Koskinen or bust. I was dead against smith being in there from the start.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I tried to black out last night to forget that game oh god. That was the worst thing that could happen. Oilers get embarrassed, Flames win and on top of that their RAT injures Winnipeg's best player

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I've come to a conclusion.

The Oilers simply suck.
The Oilers are lotto champs, and having any expectations for this org other than being a contender for the lottery is too much and too much pressure on the team. If they win against Chicago that's great good for them. But the real Oilers cup, is the draft lottery, and thats how it should be
Yes after one game it's the end. You would be a horrible analyst

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

The Oilers simply suck.
The Oilers are lotto champs, and having any expectations for this org other than being a contender for the lottery is too much and too much pressure on the team. If they win against Chicago that's great good for them. But the real Oilers cup, is the draft lottery, and thats how it should be
What a shocker you came to that conclusion.

Reactions: The Bored Man

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Tippett's plan was to roll out power vs power and it failed miserably.

Toews not only shutdown McDavid but he made him look stupid out there.

Tippett just kept trying to calm guys down and "stick to game plan" instead of lighting a fire under these guys asses and hammering home all the details this team forgets on a consistent basis.

We had way too many turnovers and werent ready for the aggressive play of the hawks forecheck. The hawks clearly did their homework and exploited our system.

Not impressed with the players or the staff for their lack of preparation, focus and adaptability.

This isnt a veteran group that just needs to stick to the plan. They are a young group that still needs to learn how to win.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yes after one game it's the end. You would be a horrible analyst
We have been bad for a decade, it's not big deal. We are a lotto champs squad. Anything better than that is a bonus, it shouldnt be expected. No need to put pressure on the boys

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

The Oilers simply suck.

You might need to take a break from the Oilers for a while for the sake of your sanity which seems to be waning more with every post.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Tippett just kept trying to calm guys down and "stick to game plan" instead of lighting a fire under these guys asses and hammering home all the details this team forgets on a consistent basis.

We had way too many turnovers and werent ready for the aggressive play of the hawks forecheck. The hawks clearly did their homework and exploited our system.

Not impressed with the players or the staff for their lack of preparation, focus and adaptability.

This isnt a veteran group that just needs to stick to the plan. They are a young group that still needs to learn how to win.
They are a young group that's lost a lot. Losing definitely hasn't taught them how to win. Guess they gotta start winning and hopefully that teaches them

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

The Oilers simply suck.

Before you just came across like a bit of a unhappy/miserable fan, but this is textbook trolling.

Not sure what happened to you but I can guarantee you've lost the good faith of the other posters.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They are a young group that still needs to learn how to win.

That is one of the reasons that this series concerned me. Chicagos core is filled with experience and are reinvigorated with a chance at the Cup that they really didnt earn. Basically they are playing with house money and this is a great chance to teach the young core how to win while Toews and Kane are still high end players that can lead by example.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
@CycloneSweep I realize that times are shit right now for a lot of people, and watching the Oilers take it on the chin against a team that is seeded much lower than us was tough to watch. That said, if it brings you or anyone down that much, try to let it go and find something else to distract you from the negativity. Life is too valuable to let sports eat us up inside so much. Also guys please remember that everyone has had their battles during Covid so please be kinder to each other as piling on really gets us nowhere. People have the right to vent here as venting is part of the sports experience. We are all cheering for the same team here and even if we get the shit kicked out of us going forward, we are still Oilers fans and should have each others backs.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Before you just came across like a bit of a unhappy/miserable fan, but this is textbook trolling.

Not sure what happened to you but I can guarantee you've lost the good faith of the other posters.
This season was over in June 2019 according to him, then again at the draft, then again on July 1, then again during the season opener, and several hundred times since. Nothing is good and everything sucks.

Can anyone PM me evidence of this accusation?
The search engine on here is f***y now so I can't pull up past posts from "Todd" but it's obvious he's a Flames fan trolling.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

I thought that strategy would have worked also but they still needed to stick to the system and play defence. They wanted to play an 80's style run and gun game but Chicago had a better game plan and came prepared.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->