Pre-Game Talk: Oilers Hawks Game 2

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
You might need to take a break from the Oilers for a while for the sake of your sanity which seems to be waning more with every post.

What kind of post is this? Everybody has reactions, the first game was abysmal, and that is going to lead to frustrations. Last thing posters need here, posting here, is that their sanity is in question.

Hey it could be argued that any longstanding fan of this club could ask some questions of themselves.

I mean we've all been left at the alter countless times by this club. Its an abusive relationship. Fans love the team, the org is perennially indifferent.

Anyway I'm resisting from posting too much about the one game but I can certainly understand how the game would absolutely disgust other fans.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
@CycloneSweep I realize that times are shit right now for a lot of people, and watching the Oilers take it on the chin against a team that is seeded much lower than us was tough to watch. That said, if it brings you or anyone down that much, try to let it go and find something else to distract you from the negativity. Life is too valuable to let sports eat us up inside so much. Also guys please remember that everyone has had their battles during Covid so please be kinder to each other as piling on really gets us nowhere. People have the right to vent here as venting is part of the sports experience. We are all cheering for the same team here and even if we get the shit kicked out of us going forward, we are still Oilers fans and should have each others backs.

Thanks so much for this post. Lets not eat our own. Being an Oilers fan is pretty frustrating. Coming to the board here to vent some of that should be a place where that can happen. Also as you mention we've all been under pressure for several months due to the pandemic, economy jobs etc.

In Edmonton ftr its been so hot the last week a person catches about 3-4 hrs of sweating sleep. Humidity off the charts to a degree we're not used to here. There's going to be some grumpy behavior sometimes, all things considered.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Last game was simply one of the most embarassing efforts of team defence seen in NHL playoffs in the last decade.

Yep. For anybody watching the Oilers first game it wasn't just that they were bad. I can't come up with any of the teams that have played so far having a worse opening game. As sevreal mentioned the ownzone play Eakins level bad, a complete joke, and players not buying into the game plan one iota. The Oilers deserve every bit of scorn for their performance. Other teams, around 80% are finding a way to play well with the restart and looking relatively sharp. The Oilers, its clear, figured they could approach this series just as an extension or regular season and with that kind of mixed intensity and focus.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
It seemed heavily implied no lineup changes in the sense, the same players will all still be in. The lines may change but the lineup won't.

Idk if you can even take that from the question. Just an awfully worded question, and a well worded response. Only thing I think is clear is Ennis not hurt.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
You should get some air conditioning ;)

haha, good quip, no...

heh. Its a combo perfect storm of things. High humidity, high heat, no wind, combined with me doing lots outdoors around the house and garden and this being a busier than normal year for me reno projects.

I should mention we have a collection of idiot neighbors that have bonfire parties at 30C during a respiratory pandemic. This doesn't help. Not at all strange that when you hear such parties the laughing and cackling is reminiscent of what baboons must sound like. 2 of the houses where this is happening the parent Bought the adult child the house. Flat out bought it. Rest of the neighbors just have to deal with these idiots who would never, never actually have the means or drive to save and buy a house, No, because of rich daddy bucks you get these idiots airlifted into suburban neighborhoods and out of their Crystal Meth infested apartment because daddy is trying to buy them a life. (its not working)...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->