Post-Game Talk: Oilers Getting Cocky

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I am not ashamed to admit it here and now. If the Oilers actually do make the playoffs and then go on to beat the Flames in the first round THAT would entirely make up for EVERYTHING thats happened so far this season.

As a matter of fact its almost to good to think about. :D

It would mean that Oilers fans could actually feel proud of their team instead of ashamed. :nod:

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Late to this one.

PLEASE send Pool Party down and bring up a useful body. Man is Pool Party one useless tit. Nothing done out there. Kid needs to get his confidence man.

Nice win.

Too many fire drills in our end though.

Reactions: Oilers in NS
Oct 15, 2008
I was just commenting the other day that this team could miss the playoffs with two 40 goal scorers.

Chia had the easiest job in the world after drafting McDavid and still ****ed it up. All he had to do was find depth.
And goalies and defence. The team had none of that when he got here. Sadly they aren’t much better after he left.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
There was a moment in the game (aside from the final buzzer) that brought a smile to my face.

It was the PP goal when Draisaitl and Chiasson looked around so stunned that they scored on such a bang bang play.

Good stuff. :D

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Maybe. But being on the ice for 3 goals against gets magnified anywhere, not just this 'bubble' that they play in

I think most people realize that every Canadian city is a "bubble" when it comes to hockey. I wouldn't take it personally.

I mean, Leaf fans were booing Gardiner a few weeks back every time he touched the puck. It's life in a Canadian market and it seemed like that's what he was referring to. But that's just my interpretation.

Reactions: TheBasementDweller

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Yep, he didn't even state "in this bubble of a city" as the other poster alluded to he said "in this bubble" which could mean the fishbowl that is pro sports pretty much anywhere. That somebody is trying to carve Nurse for those comments is just weak.
I didn't quote "in this bubble of a city". That was my interpretation. "Fishbowl that is pro sports pretty much anywhere". Ya no, Edmonton is a fishbowl where we can follow their lives because it's a smaller city compared to any other NHL city. it's a metaphor. Definitely not anywhere

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We'll, it's legal now

I never want to see Nurse in any other uniform, he's one of a kind in today's league, which is why I took those post game comments to heart

I don’t think there’s ever been a career Oiler. At least not a substantial one. So I wouldn’t get to attached. He most likely was just nervous in front of the cameras. In saying that he usually doesn’t have an issue and is very well spoken. Was weird to see him stumble on a few questions, and as I said exhibit the anxious behaviour.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
I don't know where else to post this but... Connor McDavid is Batman. I already knew this a few months ago but the Calgary game just cemented it. I also have a pic of him wearing the Batsuit if no one believes me.

bGv4qq7.png

78KHLqV.png

Reactions: Are You 18 Now

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Just a win finally. Amazing to lead in every 3rd period and not close it out for 3 of 4 games. Still not going to make the playoffs with the lack of depth this team has. Hope Hitch keeps the lines intact but maybe bench Malone and Benning.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Can't comment much since I missed most of the game, but I really didn't like Puljujarvi tonight. He always just floats the puck on net as soon as he enters the offensive zone. Doesn't try and beat the goalie, doesn't wait for his linemates, nothing. Just floats it on net and that's it. I'd like to see Benson up here for a few games and see what kind of game he can bring.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Solid game in my opinion.

1. It was clear that offensive possession time was the strategy when they went up. The Oilers executed this strategy well, particularly the Nuge and Khaira lines.

2. Brad Malone made two big mistakes in the first and got away with a penalty in the second. I'm not a fan and think we need a replacement.

3. Cave looks like a younger version of Brodziak. I have no problems with him winning faceoffs as the 4C.

4. Can we please just run Manning and Gravel as our bottom pairing? I cannot understand why Hitch can't see how terrible Benning is.

5. It's so much more calm with Klef back - we missed him sorely...I think Larsson looks so much better with Klef.

6. Loving that set play on the PP with Leon going backhand to forehand in the slot. This kid is a player and is going to be a bargain for the majority of his contract.

7. Great bounce back game by Talbot... Played really well. I was really anxious for the first 8 minutes to see what would happen on the first shot though.

8. Rattie with a great game - I think he meshes well with McDavid

I like point 4. In my humble opinion , I think Gravel has played ok, much better then Benning. With Klefbom back, Larsson has stepped up his play big time . I said before, when you lose a defenceman like Klefbom, you are losing 2 dman because the dman he played with is lost .
When Sekera comes back, it gets interesting.

Klefbom/Larsson
Nurse/Russell
Sekera/Benning /Gravel/Manning

I say trade Petrovic and Manning and let Gravel and Manning fight it out for 3rd pairing if Sekera is good to go

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
I don't know where else to post this but... Connor McDavid is Batman. I already knew this a few months ago but the Calgary game just cemented it. I also have a pic of him wearing the Batsuit if no one believes me.

bGv4qq7.png

78KHLqV.png

I'm concerned that you know how to photoshop but don't know how to screenshot:huh:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I love watching both, the Oilers and Oak Island...drawing parallels here
Both digging deeper holes with the hope of finding treasure, but not much results to show for...but i still watch religiously

I live in the province of Oak Island, use to live near Oak Island and haven’t watched 1 min of the series. Is it any good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->