Post-Game Talk: Oilers Getting Cocky

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Him calling out the city and fans last game post interview while laughing as he said being on the ice for 3 goals against gets magnified in this 'bubble' of a city, did it for me. One dumbass throws his jersey and he throws salt on the whole fanbase.
Cmon bro

Seems like a bit of an overreaction on your part to what he said.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Oilers win? In Minnesota no less?

Is that a typo or something?

I missed the game because I was streaming some episodes of The Curse of Oak Island that I had already seen just to make sure I didn't miss anything interesting.

I love watching both, the Oilers and Oak Island...drawing parallels here
Both digging deeper holes with the hope of finding treasure, but not much results to show for...but i still watch religiously

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Ten Inchcock has the team back on track hopefully now.

that nickname for our coach though - hopefully it doesn't stick otherwise things might get messy when the Oil starts to slide the wrong way...in the standings.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I guess we have a lot of players who really need to feel challenged a lot. After the last game, they were all challenged more than any time of the season. Coaches need to keep challenging them the same way: play for and protect the goalie, etc. If that's what works, stay with it.

Really weird dynamic with this team. The bottom line for me is that they either dont have the capability of playing with a consistently high battle level and staying engaged (being smart) or they dont have the commitment to do it.

I am leaning to the latter at this point in time. We all know that this isnt going to last.

Last edited:
Reactions: KarmaPolice

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I actually can't believe the Oilers are only 2 points back of WC2, and only 4 points back of WC1.

lol, the West is so pathetic this year.

Reactions: Senor Catface

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I actually can't believe the Oilers are only 2 points back of WC2, and only 4 points back of WC1.

lol, the West is so pathetic this year.

No kidding...and its not just the Oilers who cant string together 2 wins.
Just look at Anahiem....they have been worse.

Something like 2 wins in their last what...18 games...and they are still in the hunt?

Unbelievable.

What will probably happen is that one of these turtle teams will end up getting hot at the right time and then upset a first place team in the playoffs.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
No kidding...and its not just the Oilers who cant string together 2 wins.
Just look at Anahiem....they have been worse.

Something like 2 wins in their last what...18 games...and they are still in the hunt?

Unbelievable.

What will probably happen is that one of these turtle teams will end up getting hot at the right time and then upset a first place team in the playoffs.
Can we hope for that team to be the Oilers, upsetting the Flames? :eek:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well...I can say with 100% certainty.... (in the unlikely event it were to happen) THAT would make all of THIS worthwhile. :nod:

Flames fans won't admit it, but you can bet not a single one wouldn't be nervous about a first round matchup against the Oilers.

The Oilers winning that series would be pretty par for the course as far as Flames-Oilers playoff history goes.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We were kinda close in 96-97 with Smyth and Tank at 13th and 24th. Even closer in 88-89 with Boy Wonder Carson at 7th and Kurri at 15.

The last time we had two goal scorers in the top 10 was 86-87.

Thanks for the great team Chia!

I was just commenting the other day that this team could miss the playoffs with two 40 goal scorers.

Chia had the easiest job in the world after drafting McDavid and still f***ed it up. All he had to do was find depth.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Flames fans won't admit it, but you can bet not a single one wouldn't be nervous about a first round matchup against the Oilers.

The Oilers winning that series would be pretty par for the course as far as Flames-Oilers playoff history goes.

I am not ashamed to admit it here and now. If the Oilers actually do make the playoffs and then go on to beat the Flames in the first round THAT would entirely make up for EVERYTHING thats happened so far this season.

As a matter of fact its almost to good to think about. :D

It would mean that Oilers fans could actually feel proud of their team instead of ashamed. :nod:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I am not ashamed to admit it here and now. If the Oilers actually do make the playoffs and then go on to beat the Flames in the first round THAT would entirely make up for EVERYTHING thats happened so far this season.

As a matter of fact its almost to good to think about. :D

The Oilers have pretty much always been there in the playoffs to derail a great Flames regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad