Post-Game Talk: Oilers Getting Cocky

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Whens the last time we had 2 players in the top 10 scoring in the league? Honest question cuz i can't remember.

Off the top of my head it was 1988 and Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier this late in a season.

edit, wrong, guess it was just 2 seasons ago.

I didn't think Leons 77pts that season got him top ten. Wow, scoring has sure gone up in the league since then.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Oilers win? In Minnesota no less?

Is that a typo or something?

I missed the game because I was streaming some episodes of The Curse of Oak Island that I had already seen just to make sure I didn't miss anything interesting.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Wild love to take liberties but crying like babies when Kassian destroyed Parise with that hit. They actually had the audacity to complain about that after the several dirty plays in this game. Good that Kass got one back there.

Nurse and Lucic also pretty physically involved today. 3rd period was a good ol snobberknocker.

Reactions: snipes

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Confidence is a load of BS.
If you're in the NHL there are fewer than 1,000 people in the world that play hockey as well as you do.
According to the IIHF there are more than 1.4 million hockey players in the world.
If you have confidence issues playing in the NHL, what should the other 0.007% of the hockeys players in the world do to get over their massive failures in life?
They're not competing against the 99.3% others. They're competing against the 0.7% who are as good or better than them.

When everything else is equal, luck and confidence break the tie.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I thought they played pretty well. Some glaring f***ups in the defensive end, but it only cost them once.

Stan ings say 2 points back of WC2 but they're really three points back from being in it. The next four games are not easy, time to see what they're made of.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Not time for frig woo yet, but we're getting there somehow

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Totally disconnected but I wonder if the Oilers could have swung a deal with the Kings a few weeks ago.

Kings are interested in moving Quick, so they're looking for a cheaper version and Talbot would slide in nicely there with their blocking out style. With the cap savings on that I wonder if we could have swung something like Talbot and Cagg for Kempe/Muzzin. Whatever else we had to throw in.

Kempe heating up again now and has found his game again. The kid could be special. But weeks ago he was looking like he disappeared.

A kid like Kempe would be huge here.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Nurse quietly had a terrible game
Him calling out the city and fans last game post interview while laughing as he said being on the ice for 3 goals against gets magnified in this 'bubble' of a city, did it for me. One dumbass throws his jersey and he throws salt on the whole fanbase.
Cmon bro

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Him calling out the city and fans last game post interview while laughing as he said being on the ice for 3 goals against gets magnified in this 'bubble' of a city, did it for me. One dumbass throws his jersey and he throws salt on the whole fanbase.
Cmon bro

What did he say? Was it that bad?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
One brutal play by Drai to give up the only goal, but it’s hard to really complain about that with how dominant he’s been offensively. The team played pretty well defensively for the most part, and Talbot looked like his usual self. The only downside is, as per usual, our offense only came from the big 3.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This was a solid win.
PK...excellent.
Talbot...excellent.
PP...excellent.
Defensive zone coverage...very good.

The main thing that made all this possible.....battle level. This team battled hard all game.

Oh...this surely wont be popular but Manning played a much better game tonight.

Last edited:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Can anyone explain to me why we can't play like that on a regular basis? I know Minny is without their 1st line center, but we did a lot of things right tonight and I saw more effort out of the team for more time than I'm used to.

I guess we have a lot of players who really need to feel challenged a lot. After the last game, they were all challenged more than any time of the season. Coaches need to keep challenging them the same way: play for and protect the goalie, etc. If that's what works, stay with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad