Post-Game Talk: Oilers Getting Cocky

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Tarasenko, ROR, Schenn, Schwartz, Perron, Steen, Bozak, Maroon and Pieterngelo, Parayko, Edmundson, Dunn ... It was a matter of time, they were just really under performing.
Yeah I was waiting for it. They may end up as #3 in the Central.

Reactions: A91

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I'm still broken as an Oiler fan I compare it to a bad break up you deep down still care ,but also knowing your feelings will never be the same , what the 18/19 Oilers did to me

Reactions: Aerrol and Kinibo

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Its a shame that the Oil were in the drivers seat for 4 straight games and only get one win but whatever. Like that Kass, Khaira, Malone line...heavy and fast.
I don't understand how we're still so close to a playoff spot this late in the season considering we're still a sub .500 team.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Talbot played great.

And Klef actually knows how to use his body defensively unlike Nurse.

If we could only mash the D game of Klef with O game of current Nurse

Reactions: Oilhawks

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Why can't that team show up every game?

Got pretty dominated IMO. Shots 35-16 5v5. Shot attempts 61-27.

That's how this team always wins though. McDavid/Drai/Nuge capitalize on their chances, and the goalie has to be flawless. Almost always those things must happen together to win to make up for the other guys we ice being mediocre and/or a detriment. ANd unfortunately, it doesn't happen enough to win as much as a good team does.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Strangely enough I figured the Oilers would bounce back, play well, and win this one. Credit Hitch on this one. he formed a narrative around the team battling for their goalies and put Talbot back in and made the team play a cohesive team game. Very solid win. Some mistakes as usual but a lot more airtight tonight.

Nice game by Talbot out there. Good to see.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Nuff78

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

That's how this team always wins though. McDavid/Drai/Nuge capitalize on their chances, and the goalie has to be flawless. Almost always those things must happen together to win to make up for the other guys we ice being mediocre and/or a detriment. ANd unfortunately, it doesn't happen enough to win as much as a good team does.

We won the battles in the important parts of the ice all night long. That’s how you win.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Can anyone explain to me why we can't play like that on a regular basis? I know Minny is without their 1st line center, but we did a lot of things right tonight and I saw more effort out of the team for more time than I'm used to.
Consistency is hard when confidence is low.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

30% corsi. Not a single player above 50 either

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Who starts next game? Talbot was great tonight but his past two games vs the Sharks have been ugly.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Would like to see more shots on net, it's been a real problem under Hitch but take the win and run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->