OT: Oilers Games in Victoria, BC

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
So, I've been living in Victoria, BC since the summer and will be here until January.

I did my undergrad here, graduating in '08, but I also lived with an Edmontonian and had a few more friends who were from Edmonton/Oilers fans, so I always had somebody to watch the game with or somewhere to watch it. As most students do in places like Victoria, most have moved on. I lived in Vancouver for several years between then and now and used to go down to the Black Frog in Gastown fairly frequently.

But, I was working in Peru last year and only saw games on my computer, by myself, and that got old in a hurry. I searched where/what Oilers fans do during games in Victoria. And the latest thread that popped up is literally 10 years old.

Is there a pub or bar like the Black Frog in Victoria? Or SOMETHING where Oilers fans tend to congregate to watch games? I'd really rather not go through 2 seasons without being able to watch an Oilers game with some like-minded folks (moving back to Peru for a contract in January).

Please help!

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
The Black Frog is really sweet isn't it? I live in Victoria but haven't found such a bar. If you do find something make sure to PM me.

themann

Nov 26, 2009
nope, Victoria is the worst sports town in north america. Canucks or nothing. Absolutely tragic, but provides alot more targets for chirping.

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
If I recall correctly, you can sometimes catch Oilers games at restaurants like Boston Pizza (since they tend to have NHL center ice)! :P

Evets 81

Dec 29, 2012
B.C.
If I recall correctly, you can sometimes catch Oilers games at restaurants like Boston Pizza (since they tend to have NHL center ice)! :P

I live on Vancouver Island as well, and a couple seasons ago during the season opener between Edmonton-Calgary, we had gotten the waitress to put one of the TV's on CBC for the Oilers-Flames game and barely any time after the game started, some other guy came and switched the TV to poker or something else completely irrelevant. :laugh:

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
Sorry to rehash the thread but, moved to Victoria 3 months ago. Anybody here going to be watching playoffs anywhere?

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
I live in Victoria too.
We'd sometimes go to Christie's Carriage House for games, but haven't done that in a while. Just watch at home now.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
It would be cool to get a group going to watch some of these games! more likely they'll turn the game and volume on for us haha

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Did you guys have any luck? I guess I'm looking at shark club for Wednesday currently unless I find further options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->