Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I dont know if either team does this.

Its easy to say the Flyers should because they get the talented young player who is currently pacing for more points, but the PR blowback of trading the best player to wear the jersey in the last however many years would be tough to swallow - especially the way this season is going.

Oilers shouldnt be going for quick fixes/getting older, either.

If the Original proposal was really Gudas and Simmonds for Drai - sorry Oilers fans.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If Edmonton were ever to deal Draisaitl it wouldn't be for an older player of similar skill and contract cap hit. The Oilers, as unlikely as it would be to trade him, would look for a top defenseman in return for Drai. The team and the fans value him as much as Mitch Marner.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Its easy to say the Flyers should because they get the talented young player who is currently pacing for more points, but the PR blowback of trading the best player to wear the jersey in the last however many years would be tough to swallow - especially the way this season is going.

If the Original proposal was really Gudas and Simmonds for Drai - sorry Oilers fans.

TV ratings and attendance has dropped for the Flyers. Draisaitl would rejuvenate the entire organization.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

My concern lies (and I know the point has been beat to death) is around Drai as a #1 or #2 center in Philadelphia. Currently he plays quite frequently with Connor McDavid. I couldn't find the scoring records from this season, but last year over 50% of Draisaitl's points came with McDavid also appearing on the score sheet. Would he be able to score 70 points on the Flyers? Would he be able to replicate Giroux's 102 point season on the Flyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad