Proposal: Oilers/Flyers

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Chiarelli mentioned that he would consider trading the Oilers 1st for NHL ready prospects/young players. This adresses their two largest needs in a winger for Draisaitl and an NHL ready RHD with offensive upside. Myers is 6'5 and has a great shot. The value is probably really off, I'm terrible at evaluating the value of prospects. The way I saw it was that Lindblom was worth a mid 1st and Myers a late 1st.

:edmonton 10th Overall Pick

:flyers Oscar Lindblom, Philippe Myers

Edit: Changed to Lindblom

Last edited:

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Not a chance. We wouldn’t trade Konecny alone for the 10th Overall. He was one of the top point getters at even straight the 2nd half of the year and is only 21. He’s only gonna get better.

Reactions: wintersej

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
there's no way the Flyers should even think about even considering this option. Konecny is turning into a stud.

but as a Pens fan, I'd say it's a deal they should take :sarcasm:

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Torey Krug and Peter Cehlarik for 10th overall pick and Oscar Klefbom

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
I don't think the Flyers would do it and I would target an nhl ready prospect that has more upside. (I think Myers ceiling is a #4/5).

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Not sure the value of the 10th overall is there in a vacuum for the Flyers anyway considering they already have #14 and #19.

Bang on.

Flyers fans are debating enough if they should be trading one of those picks for some more immediate help. Both Lindblom and Myers could be on the NHL team next year. So trading for a 3rd mid 1st is a step in the wrong direction.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Not moving Myers for the 10th straight across. He's a very dynamic player and certainly one that you don't find many of.
Lindblom and Patrick have very good chemistry together, he was much better than his stat line suggests, wouldn't move him as a throw in. He has a future as a top six winger that already battles on the board better than any forward on the team.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I don't think the Flyers would do it and I would target an nhl ready prospect that has more upside. (I think Myers ceiling is a #4/5).

Myers has top pairing ceiling. He is a 6'5'' smooth skating two-way defenseman. Those kind of players aren't limited to becoming #4/5.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I just don't see a player at ten that i like that much better than the guy we'll get at 14. It also just so happens the flyers are in need of a top4 rhd and a winger for Patrick. This just creates a hole we need to fill later

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not moving Myers for the 10th straight across. He's a very dynamic player and certainly one that you don't find many of.
Lindblom and Patrick have very good chemistry together, he was much better than his stat line suggests, wouldn't move him as a throw in. He has a future as a top six winger that already battles on the board better than any forward on the team.
Agreed.

Whoever is there at 10 for Dman...say Ty Smith....does not have anymore upside than Myers. Maybe a bit more offensive upside, but Myers being a RHD and 6'5....naw.

The Flyers did not sign Myers, then watch him have 3 good development years, and then move him at the age of 21 when he is close to NHL ready.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Myers is imo our best prospect. I'd rather have him over Hart or Frost. That's how good he is.

A lot of people don't know him because he was an undrafted late bloomer. Then got hurt early in his World Junior tournament when he was playing on the top pair with Chabot.

I think most Flyers fans here would rather have Myers than 10th overall.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Myers is imo our best prospect. I'd rather have him over Hart or Frost. That's how good he is.

A lot of people don't know him because he was an undrafted late bloomer. Then got hurt early in his World Junior tournament when he was playing on the top pair with Chabot.

I think most Flyers fans here would rather have Myers than 10th overall.
Didn't know that, thanks for replying in a nice way lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad