GDT: Oilers @ Flames, the "Is the Season Over Yet" Edition, HNIC

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
hahaha stupid oilers. love beating them. no matter the time of year.
Missing some good players and we still beat em. Does McLottery ever leave the ice, btw?

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Got the Stockton Flames out there and the Oilers show they're still McDavid+19 jabronis

Fix'd

I really hate that the Flames benchmark for success is "better than the Oilers" because they are no goddamn good

Either way, the win assures that the Flames finish ahead of the grease this season

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
We lost the corsi battle though so it’s basically a loss
Yx6t6Zt.gif

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
If I learned anything from this game is that I'm totally OK with Smith being the starter next year. Even counting the 1st goal. And that the Oilers are still really bad with no decent veterans around McDavid. Their blueline is absolutely inept.

Would of liked to see Ferland jump in on Lucic there.

Last edited:

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Pencil neck McDavid got supplexed then put in a camel clutch, squeeze out a glass of jabroil and feed it to Kevin Lowe for taste testing for new exotic drink options at Rogers place

Reactions: InfinityIggy

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I know McDavid is young, but the Oilers are going to run this kid into the ground. Guy basically plays the entire 3rd period of these games.

Also mind blowing to think how many high picks the Oilers have had, 4 1sts, 3rd overall, 4th overall, 7th overall, and like 7 high round 2nds, yet have 2 whole good players to show for it and no depth at either forward or defence.

How in the hell can you be so shit with so many good draft picks + a generational player. Just hilarious. And this is with McDavid and Drai in their ELC days, LOL.

Guaranteed the Oilers are a cup favourite going into next year too by every media outlet even though we all know they will make no meaningful changes and be equally shit as this. Last year was a fluke, riding an insane PDO like the Flames did the year they beat the Nucks.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think the Oilers need Glen Gulutzan. His great system will solve their problems :sarcasm:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If I learned anything from this game is that I'm totally OK with Smith being the starter next year. .

Maybe but we need a good backup and a f***ing coach that is willing to bench him when he goes bad cause he does that some times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad