GDT: Oilers @ Flames: Going for 4 on HNIC (8:00 pm MT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
OMG. Stopped watching after the Oilers scored their 4th goal to make it 4-1. Glad I did. I recorded the show but I think I'll just hit delete without watching what I missed. 8-3... what a disaster.

Edit: Did Gaudreau show up at all after I stopped watching? He certainly wasn't there before I stopped.

Reactions: Tofveve

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
OMG. Stopped watching after the Oilers scored their 4th goal to make it 4-1. Glad I did. I recorded the show but I think I'll just hit delete without watching what I missed. 8-3... what a disaster.
You should watch it for the simple fact it’s one of those games that is going to live on in mythos forever.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Edit: Did Gaudreau show up at all after I stopped watching? He certainly wasn't there before I stopped.
Watch the rest of the 2nd period at least.

Then delete the recording and format your DVR

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
I do find it ironic that Looch was so happy to now be in more of a grinder role than being relied upon to fill a top six regular contributor role.

With that in mind he should be benched next two games at least after last nights game and Rinaldo drawn in since he will at least fill the role.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Ok, if nothing else pointed to needing an experienced coach finally being hired then that speaks to why one that can “go there” is needed. This emotional loss is a perfect time to pull the trigger and get a bounce back.

This isn’t Looch’s paid early retirement bocce ball league, if he isn’t doing his job he sits until he can. We need a coach with the fortitude to stand up for, and make decisions for, team needs and results.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Ok, if nothing else pointed to needing an experienced coach finally being hired then that speaks to why one that can “go there” is needed. This emotional loss is a perfect time to pull the trigger and get a bounce back.

This isn’t Looch’s paid early retirement bocce ball league, if he isn’t doing his job he sits until he can. We need a coach with the fortitude to stand up for, and make decisions for, team needs and results.

A new coach won't do anything, just keep them going the way they are. If they miss the playoffs, very good, you can make changes on the offseason and if they make the playoffs, odds are they will get bounced in the first round, so changes are needed, a win-win situation.

Just don't piss away assets putting bandages on this mess during the trade deadline.

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Peplinski had it right on after hours. Men against boys last night. Oilers came out with something to prove.

Games like these prove that we are lacking a game-breaking player. Johnny has been that guy in the past, but is playing too scared all year.

Wouldnt be against packaging johnny and Hanny for a top line C or RW in the offseason.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
The Lucic trade was the biggest collective kool-aid drink I've ever seen. At no point was this trade ever going to work out
Hey when life gives you lemons you try and make lemonade.

Then when those lemons turn vile and sour you trade them for maybe fake lemonade that wouldn't be as bad.

Then when you find out that fake lemonade is actually cat litter, maybe time to just cut your losses and start fresh.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Cooling down a bit from last night now.
of the remaining 13 games in Feb, 9 are against non-playoff teams, so it’s a good opportunity to make up ground if we’re gonna make a playoff push, trying to stay optimistic but games like last night have happened far too often this season

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hey when life gives you lemons you try and make lemonade.

Then when those lemons turn vile and sour you trade them for maybe fake lemonade that wouldn't be as bad.

Then when you find out that fake lemonade is actually cat litter, maybe time to just cut your losses and start fresh.
Worst case scenario should've been sending those lemons to Stockton. Now we have to smell this cat litter for at least another year before we can make it go away

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Sneaking Into the playoffs this year is okay because the west is weak but damn, this team is going nowhere. Playoffs will pay for lucics buyout

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Two things on this team you can be 100% sure

1)Johnny cant be relied on when the going gets tough. There is no compete in that boy with the big guys show up to play. I mean not just physically big, but big skills like McDavid and McKinnon. There is no response from little Johnny. Not even an ounce.

2)Lucic is not just useless but also has no heart left. He is cooked, toasted, burnt....whatever adjective you want to add.

Reactions: The Rainman

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Best case - trade him to Seattle with incentives so they can make the cap floor.

Worst case, buy him out and use the $500k / roster spot for better things.
Remember that NMC? Lucic ain't goin anywhere that he doesn't want to go to.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I’m so triggered by this lol. Blatant confirmation that certain players don’t need to worry about being held accountable.

Just brutal. We’ve fallen so far.

Not really. The reporter didn't ask Ward about which players he thinks need to be better. He was basically prodding to get him to be negative about one particular player on a night when everyone was bad. That's pretty purposeful, and Ward was right to shut it down.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Remember that NMC? Lucic ain't goin anywhere that he doesn't want to go to.
And the way that idiot Chia structured that contract it is basically buyout proof. Even last year I though Lucic would have been best served as a 13th forward and 4th liner only.

Reactions: Shot Blocker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->