GDT: Oilers @ Flames 8pm MT CBC

How many points does McDavid score tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
:edmonton
IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

:flames
IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

News \ Notes

- Spencer Foo will make his NHL debut against his hometown heroes tonight. Congratulations are a must for him as I can only day dream of something like that now.

Flames call-up Foo to debut against his hometown team

- Trademarks will return to the lineup tonight, let's see if he has the cohone's to go @ McDavid without Tkachuk there.

Last game

Oilers Dominatrix type of Domination

Since the start of the 2015 season (including every young stars game and pre-season game the Edmonton Oilers are 17-4 against their provincial rivals. With a total of 81 goals scored in those games with a Berlin wall type of defensive performance of 54 goals against.

McPoints in those games you ask?
Too tired.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Too much effort expended on GDT. Especially at this ungodly insomnia hour..

lifting my Coffee to my bleary eyes is too much effort. The keyboard keys feels heavy...

more complaints;

More meaningless toilet bowl games. This one with Alberta bragging rights harr,harr, hardy harr.

f*** weather, take my chances with some global warming.

its so cold my shovel broke

Its so cold the bears wake up from hibernation and say screw this year, wake me up when its over.

Groundhogs? The groundhog is dead..

Something Lucic

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Too much effort expended on GDT. Especially at this ungodly insomnia hour..

lifting my Coffee to my bleary eyes is too much effort. The keyboard keys feels heavy...

more complaints;

More meaningless toilet bowl games. This one with Alberta bragging rights harr,harr, hardy harr.

**** weather, take my chances with some global warming.

its so cold my shovel broke

Its so cold the bears wake up from hibernation and say screw this year, wake me up when its over.

Groundhogs? The groundhog is dead..

Something Lucic
Ever since coming back to Edmonton from work related trips, my sleeping schedule is wrecked. :skull:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Ever since coming back to Edmonton from work related trips, my sleeping schedule is wrecked. :skull:

join the club there--I did 6 countries in 7 days and with a few meetings scheduled for Midnight and others 9am
**just to clerify--here in Europe this not unusual--morning meeting here in London--Eurostar to Brussel for a lunch meeting and then a dinner meeting in Paris-as an example

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
LOL every single oilers fwd has the exact same hairstyle, combed up and slightly to the side. Then I saw Zack Kassian.

The flames are icing an AHL lineup. No excuse to lose tonight.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Flames are tanking for a better draft pick...in the fourth round.
it's proof that maybe teams never tank. If they had their pick, everyone would be saying that of course they are losing on purpose, but here we are. People look for patterns and meaning where there are none

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Flames have lost 7 in a row and have been outscored 33-8 over that span. They’ve basically been blown out in every game. Of course their last win was a 1-0 win over us lol.

Honestly this game screams Oilers loss to me. Our last couple games have been putrid defensively. Perfect cure for the flames scoring woes. And the oilers sure do seem to take bad teams lightly for some reason considering we’re so often worse.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Times up......

My reply looked funny and in context when the whole OP GDT consisted of:

"1 sec, put something up"

I'm sure the OP didn't count on early risers..;)

Now the GDT is all kinds of awesome in a different way.

Hey I recognize Garnet Hathaway..

I like Bean Giordano as well.

I see Calgary has every Norris candidate D in the league. Hrudey will be proud!

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Flames have lost 7 in a row and have been outscored 33-8 over that span. They’ve basically been blown out in every game. Of course their last win was a 1-0 win over us lol.

Honestly this game screams Oilers loss to me. Our last couple games have been putrid defensively. Perfect cure for the flames scoring woes. And the oilers sure do seem to take bad teams lightly for some reason considering we’re so often worse.

A couple mcpoints and a loss is perfect in my books. Wins are just the mirage that extends wrong todds tenure. That may be the most crippling thing that could happen to next season.

Reactions: PulYou

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
it's proof that maybe teams never tank. If they had their pick, everyone would be saying that of course they are losing on purpose, but here we are. People look for patterns and meaning where there are none

Patterns like those who don't differentiate between the players on the ice and management when ascribing motives?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
A couple mcpoints and a loss is perfect in my books. Wins are just the mirage that extends wrong todds tenure. That may be the most crippling thing that could happen to next season.
Fudge off with wanting losses lol. No offense.

I’ll stop cheering for the oilers before I cheer for another loss in my life. I’ve had my fill. Even if it is a meaningless game at the end of the wasted year.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'd love nothing more than to put double digits on the Flames in their own barn but everything about this game screams loss to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->