OT: Oilers Fans, Please Fill This Form Out If You Have Time

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
I only named 3 players I didn't like. I found that I don't "dislike" many players..or teams for that matter. I pretty much solely follow the Oil, so the poll was a bit tougher than I thought it would be.

^i managed to find 5 that i didn't like, but i'm the same, i don't really dislike many NHL players because i'm a fan of the game, but i also pretty much follow just the Oilers. it was much easier for me to name 5 non Oiler players i did like though as well as 5 other teams that i liked and disliked.

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Some tough questions to answer. Ribiero, Burrows, Bieksa, Backes and Doan were easy to come up with on the hated side but it was a lot harder to pick favorite non-Oilers.

Is it wrong that my 5 favorite teams were Oilers, Oilers, Oilers, Oilers and Oilers? I don't like any other team.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Vancouver
Toronto
Calgary
Carolina
Rangers

:nod:

Calgary
Detroit
Canadians
Minnesota
Toronto

Although the Toronto hate has only been the last couple years. Being terrible and being arrogant just rubs me the wrong way.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Why we were in 28th?

I chose:

1) Horrible ownership/management group
2) Horrible group of d-men
3) Unbalanced top 6 forwards.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Some tough questions to answer. Ribiero, Burrows, Bieksa, Backes and Doan were easy to come up with on the hated side but it was a lot harder to pick favorite non-Oilers.

Is it wrong that my 5 favorite teams were Oilers, Oilers, Oilers, Oilers and Oilers? I don't like any other team.

I had a hard time on those too. Oilers, Flyers have always been my respective east/west teams. Then it was like umm, ok Winnipeg maybe, I don't know Boston for beating Vancouver and let's just toss Florida a pity vote.

Favorite non-Oilers wasn't an easy task either. Never really put much thought into it before so somehow Getzlaf got in there even though in the end I don't care one way or the other. :laugh:

Would love to see the results of all this.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
06 sucked losing to Carolina but I have no ill will towards them, it was nothing they did but our horse **** luck that doomed the team. Bergeron and Roloson and Conklin perfect storm cost us a 6th Stanley Cup.

Half the time I forget Carolina is even in the NHL. I don't think I've watched them play a single game since that game 7, 9 years ago.

Hated teams for me were the obvious Vancouver, Toronto. Montreal made it in because of their dirtbag fans, used to love them as a child but the "Ole's" and constant "Galchenyuk makes Yakupov look like Rocky Thompson" posts yet be like "Trade him to us for this garbage"... Arizona because they simply shouldn't exist and Minnesota for boring the living hell out of me from day one.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I really struggled coming up with 5 players I hate. My interest in the game has waned so much in the last five or six years that I really don't follow the rest of the league as much as I used to. Five or ten years ago I could have given twenty names without even thinking about it. Most of the guys I really hated don't play anymore and a bunch of them are working in TV now.:laugh:

Also had trouble coming up with five active ex Oilers that I still liked. This team has had so many guys who's careers ended after coming to Edmonton that it was tough to pick five favorites still playing.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
5 Most hated teams...
Canucks
Flames
Canadiens
Maple Leafs
Stars

Favorite Teams
Avs
Flyers
Bruins
Rangers
Chicago

5 most hated NHL players...
Burrows
Cooke
Scott
Dorsett
Justin Schultz

Favorite Players
Iginla
Toews
Tavares
Byfuglen
Pietrangelo

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Done

I'll take my cookies and juice and be on my way.

:laugh:

Top 5 Hated Players
1. Johnny Gaudreau
2. Mikael Backlund
3. Jiri Hudler
4. Tom Gilbert
5. Phil Kessel

Top 5 Favorite Players
1. Jonathan Quick
2. Jordan Too-too
3. Alex Ovechkin
4. Patrick Kane
5. PK Subban

Last edited:

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
That was fun. Maybe my east coast bias came through, but my hated teams included Boston, Toronto, and Detroit. Also, most of the hated players were from the Q before they became NHLers.

My faves are Price, Tavares, Huberdeau (former Sea Dog), Getzlaf, and yes, Crosby.

birchy

Jun 30, 2014
5 hated players not hard to come up with if you think about it..

Antoine Roussel
Brad Marchand
John Scott
Dan Carcillo
Matt Cooke (although he seems to have turned over a new leaf)

Then Crosby/Ovechkin depending on which one you're a fan of.. haha

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
Interested in seeing the results. :teach2:

Hopefully the OP follows through. Always a bummer when there's a forum-wide survey and the author goes MIA/drops it. heh

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Here is what I put:

Why Oilers 28:
bad defence, lack veterans/toughness, poor coaching.

5 Most hated teams...
Panthers
Ducks
Sharks
Lightning
Coyotes
(I don't like tropical and desert teams!)

Favorite Teams
Oilers
Canadiens
Jets
Flames
Senators

5 most hated NHL players...
Zdeno Chara
Matt Cooke
Steve Downie
Raffi Torres
Alexander Ovechkin (great skill but attitude sucks)

Favorite Players
PK Subban
Sidney Crosby
Dustin Byfuglien
Jarome Iginla
Johnathon Toews

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Almost all of those players I said I liked because they are the types of players we need on the team. I'm presuming that was the point?

Not Burrows though. :lol:

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
My answers

Why Oilers finished 28th
-Incompetent Management (Eakins)
-Lack of Depth at all positions
-Poor Defense and Goaltending

5 Most hated teams...
Nucks