Oilers fan turning flames fan

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
yeah, the ref complaints are probably the same for every fan base. I'll still concede the worst officiating I ever saw was the Oilers vs SJ a couple years ago. It made me believe in the California collusion. 2nd worst I've ever seen was when the flames got pummeled in 4 games that same year by another California team. Go figure. Either way, it's probably all in my head and I have some kind of complex now.

Granted, I didn't watch every minute of the Oilers series...because, well, it's the Oilers. Every minute of Edmonton hockey I watch another piece of my soul dies.
I never once stated ever that it's Calgary only. The Oilers vs Ducks playoffs series 16-17 was the worst playoff screwover I've seen

https://thehockeywriters.com/blown-calls-ruining-oilers-playoff-chances/

The issue is not the "it's just humans, it's too fast" argument. The issue is game management and lack of consistency, make a bad call, try to make up for it later... no, just no. That's not how officiating works, the rules are in the rulebook, just call the game by the book and if you make a mistake too bad. Why is this so hard for people to understand? It's the only league in the world where the rulebook changes from game to game, it destroys the leagues legitimacy. And the Neanderthals of the world criticize me for asking a game be called by a standard ruleset...

It was brutal in 2016-2017 and it's gotten worse since then, if you don't have a goon your team's going to be slashed minimum 20 times a game. It's a damn competition to see who can cheat the most... FUN!!!

Last edited:

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I never once stated ever that it's Calgary only. The worst reffing I ever saw was the Oilers vs Ducks playoffs series 16-17, the Oilers got screwed harder than any team I've ever seen by a fair margin.

https://thehockeywriters.com/blown-calls-ruining-oilers-playoff-chances/

The issue is not the "it's just humans, it's too fast" argument. The issue is game management, make a bad call, try to make up for it later... no, just no. That's not how officiating works, the rules are in the rulebook, just call the game by the book and if you make a mistake too bad. Why is this so hard for people to understand? It's the only league in the world where the rulebook changes from game to game, it destroys the leagues legitimacy.

You do you man...clearly a tough day.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad