Oilers fan turning flames fan

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You'll have to undergo decontamination and delousing protocols but I believe there is room aboard. You can pick up your Iginla jersey and car flag next week.
rotflmao.gif

Reactions: super6646

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
If you thought McDavid takes cheapshots ho boy are you in for a treat. Enjoy the worst reffing in any league in the world, you'll find not having players like Lucic that will goon it up basically puts a target on every player not named Sam Bennett. Bumfights on Worldstar have better officiating. By 30 Monahan is not going to have a wrist with how many slashes he takes, it's just going to be one solid bone fused with metal plates.

Sometimes I'm amazed at how Gaudreau and Monahan don't lose their shit. After getting slashed 20 times in 1 game I'd be in the refs face willing to take fines and suspensions. Actually I'd get a copy of the rulebook and pull it out my jock and hand it to the refs to read through, they should atleast see it once.

When the game's on the line you better believe the refs are going to f*** things up, welcome to the circus.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If you thought McDavid takes cheapshots ho boy are you in for a treat. Enjoy the worst reffing in any league in the world, you'll find not having players like Lucic that will goon it up basically puts a target on every player not named Sam Bennett. Bumfights on Worldstar have better officiating. By 30 Monahan is not going to have a wrist with how many slashes he takes, it's just going to be one solid bone fused with metal plates.

Sometimes I'm amazed at how Gaudreau and Monahan don't lose their ****. After getting slashed 20 times in 1 game I'd be in the refs face willing to take fines and suspensions. Actually I'd get a copy of the rulebook and pull it out my jock and hand it to the refs to read through, they should atleast see it once.

When the game's on the line you better believe the refs are going to **** things up, welcome to the circus.

2g-7OB.gif

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
yeah, the ref complaints are probably the same for every fan base. I'll still concede the worst officiating I ever saw was the Oilers vs SJ a couple years ago. It made me believe in the California collusion. 2nd worst I've ever seen was when the flames got pummeled in 4 games that same year by another California team. Go figure. Either way, it's probably all in my head and I have some kind of complex now.

Granted, I didn't watch every minute of the Oilers series...because, well, it's the Oilers. Every minute of Edmonton hockey I watch another piece of my soul dies.

Reactions: Gettin Iggy With It

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I usually don't complain about bad reffing as I don't tend to believe the refs are biased against one team or another, which some posters always seem to imply. Refs are human. They miss calls or make mistakes. Hockey is an extremely fast sport and they don't have benefits of instant slow motion replay.
I will say however that I have seen one game where the refs were obviously biased against one team... The Canada-USA women's gold medal hockey game in the 2002 Olympics. Worst refereeing I've ever seen in my life.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Sometimes I'm amazed at how Gaudreau and Monahan don't lose their ****. After getting slashed 20 times in 1 game I'd be in the refs face willing to take fines and suspensions. Actually I'd get a copy of the rulebook and pull it out my jock and hand it to the refs to read through, they should atleast see it once.

When the game's on the line you better believe the refs are going to **** things up, welcome to the circus.
Tkachuk : Oilers fans :: Refs : this guy

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I usually don't complain about bad reffing as I don't tend to believe the refs are biased against one team or another, which some posters always seem to imply. Refs are human. They miss calls or make mistakes. Hockey is an extremely fast sport and they don't have benefits of instant slow motion replay.
I will say however that I have seen one game where the refs were obviously biased against one team... The Canada-USA women's gold medal hockey game in the 2002 Olympics. Worst refereeing I've ever seen in my life.
The officiating was much much worse when there was only 1 referee. The largest complaint I have about the officiating is the calls are not consistent from crew to crew.

The sheer number of HD cameras with higher frame rates it often makes missed calls easier to see in review. The NHL has went from 3-5 cameras (Depending on the arena) to over a dozen. With that many angles and views in HD at 60 - 120 FPS it makes it easy to see infractions in review.

The game is played by humans with a human eye and with only 4 officials on the ice it will mean missed calls. I never want to see calls being made by the the NHL in the video control room as it would take the pace and speed out of the game. Goal reviews are bad enough.

We as fans have got to quit expecting perfection and enjoy the product before us. Usually if a flagrant call is missed the ref's look for the next marginal infraction so the next time you see a marginal penalty understand that it usually comes from a missed call.

To end this small rant I would however like to see the NHL crack down on hits from behind. We are lucky we haven't lost Johnny to a couple already this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->