News Article: Oilers: Eakins wastes little time in turning to a potential Perron - Pouliot duo

HometownHockey

Oilers: Eakins wastes little time in turning to a potential Perron - Pouliot duo

140920_Oilers_L.jpg

While the Edmonton Oilers will certainly rely heavily on the trio of Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to do much of the heavy lifting during the upcoming 2014-15 NHL campaign, look for the the duo of David Perron and Benoit Pouliot play vital roles in any success this team might have during the coming season.

READ MORE...
http://www.hometownhockey.ca/hockey/EDM0112.php

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This is no surprise because they figure these are the two guys that they want to have on LD's wings and they want LD to get as comfortable as possible with playing in the NHL as soon as possible.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
You know, I don't want to see rookie LD playing with Yakupov... but I don't want to see Yakupov with Arcobello either.

I really hope that Yakimov finds a way to really turn things up so that he can steal a job. I don't think it's going to happen... but I really hope it does.

Yakupov would do a lot better with Yakimov on his line. With Purcell on that like they've got good size.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
You know, I don't want to see rookie LD playing with Yakupov... but I don't want to see Yakupov with Arcobello either.

I really hope that Yakimov finds a way to really turn things up so that he can steal a job. I don't think it's going to happen... but I really hope it does.

Yakupov would do a lot better with Yakimov on his line. With Purcell on that like they've got good size.

So you are comfortable with one rookie, but not the other as Yak's center? Seems a little arbitrary.

I agree though that I'd like see yak with some grit, d-responsibility and talent..., so...

Hall Nuge Ebs
Pouliot Arcobello/Drai Purcell
Perron Gordon Yak
Hendricks Arcobello/Drai Lander/Joensuu/Gazdic

Let Arcobello and Drai battle it out for 18 games... Give Yak someone to play with (Perron) and defensive support (Gordon).

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
IMO Yak should be in the AHL so he can reintroduce himself to confidence and basic hockey sense

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
So you are comfortable with one rookie, but not the other as Yak's center? Seems a little arbitrary.

I agree though that I'd like see yak with some grit, d-responsibility and talent..., so...

Hall Nuge Ebs
Pouliot Arcobello/Drai Purcell
Perron Gordon Yak
Hendricks Arcobello/Drai Lander/Joensuu/Gazdic

Let Arcobello and Drai battle it out for 18 games... Give Yak someone to play with (Perron) and defensive support (Gordon).

Those lines make sense to me but they go outside of the intentions that Mac-T has laid out.

Mac-T said that he wants 3 scoring lines and you're not putting Gordon on a scoring line. You're putting him on a shutdown line so that we have a line that can take care of defensive zone starts when there's a lot of pressure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad