Oilers' Draisaitl Earning Keep at Memorial Cup

Not Robin Brownlee

The docile tones!
Nov 17, 2008
More valuable... He is everything they have been missing. You can't have enough skill/size/centre. imo. His passing is ridiculous.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I love the kid but if you get a top pairing guy back, he's a luxury you can't afford.

Having said that, if the right deal doesn't come along I see no reason he has to be moved. Sean Couturier is "only" a third line centre. It's not like he is 28 and stuck on the third line. Playing on the third line is nothing to snub at the NHL level.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Good points by all, would you give any thought to those proposals/rumours I threw out towards the end?

I heard Marek talking about it earlier but Severson and Gelinas just aren't good enough to move Draisaitl for. We already have Nurse and Klefbom and don't need another youngish dman. Greene or Larsson would have to come back just in terms of value. I still want us to get older on the backend. I think most Oiler fans would want a 25 year old back but I'm okay with a guy like Burns. I want someone that the young guys can learn from.

I don't like any deals with Toronto. No offense but Toronto overrates their own players and isn't willing to give to get. Most Toronto fans I've talked to wouldn't even dream of moving the 4th for Draisaitl.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
I'm no scout, but Leon Draisaitls don't grow on trees around these parts. Guys like him could take you over the top in the long run. In the short run, he is on a cheap contract with a budding team and is definitely turning heads right now. The thing is, even if the Oilers did trade him or consider trading him, they better get back someone worth Leon pound for pound and skill-wise. I don't see anyone jumping to offer us their prized prospects or established players, so I'll just chalk this up to, uhhh, well i'll be nice.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Having center depth is never a bad thing, and considering this team used to give away centers like they had contracted something, it would be wise to keep him around.

McDavid/RNH/Drai as our top 3 centers would be great, but should they have him on the big club next year he should start on the wing. Maybe Derek Roy's?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad