Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
Ducks are bringing back the old school logos. Their New 3rd Jersey looks sick!

And I'll just add I hate the Adidas Jersey, the hole pattern fabric makes them look like practice jerseys.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba

And I'll just add I hate the Adidas Jersey, the hole pattern fabric makes them look like practice jerseys.
I think the Ducks thirds are terrible it makes no sense why the bad coulor is black and not eggplant. It just looks dingy and sad.

Reactions: A91 and ujju2

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

The Ducks and Yotes original logo and jersey's were an absolute nightmare that everyone made fun of. Some are confusing nostalgia for something that is very, very ugly. lol

Reactions: McRpro

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The alternates during our playoff run were just fine if you get rid of the shoulder numbers. Should've kept them IMO.

Reactions: yukoner88

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
The alternates during our playoff run were just fine if you get rid of the shoulder numbers. Should've kept them IMO.

We are in for a lot of jerseys as long as we have McDavid, just a money grab.
Look at how many jerseys Sid has worn over the years
- Black-gold (home and away)
- Light blue (2008 outdoor)
- Navy (2011 outdoor)
- White-gold (2014 outdoor)
- All yellows (2017 outdoor)
- Black-yellow (home and away)
- TBA 2019 Stadium series

Thats 9 jerseys since he entered the league if I counted correctly. If we start winning I can see us getting close to that by the time McDavid is where Sid is at in his career.

Edit: The McDavid Oilers have already had 5 different jerseys while Connor was on his ELC

Last edited:

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
I find it bizarre that they've changed the blue and orange colors over the years, and recently at a high rate. We all know the Oilers colors, so we just end up with what look like a bunch of fakes or factory seconds.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I'm not sure which is more disorganized -- the uniforms or the team building?

Why don't they just keep the 1984-85 jerseys? That was the best the team ever looked.

See, I think they should change the jerseys every year like they do in soccer.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Because we're the Oilers and repeatedly cashing in on 1980's nostalgia is what we do.

Hard to blame them. People eat it up around here.

I know, I'm sick of it. Hard to say what the average age of an Oilers fan is, but there's a good chunk of the fanbase that have little or no memory of the '80s. How about some love for the scrappy 90s teams of Weight, Cujo, etc?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->