Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
There’s definitely at least two you didn’t show between 1996-2011

Yeah, it's a pain to copy and paste a thousand photos so just picked random ones over the years. Point would be the same though, that by large, the jerseys have been pretty static the last 40 years and hardly "changing the look/brand every year" like the person I quoted said.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If we have to go with that concept, the white and orange should absolutely be reversed, just like on every blue jersey the Oilers have ever had (white - orange/copper - white). But ideally we return to the classic royal blues for our third and eventually get back to the (perfect imo) 2016-2017 set.

Reactions: HailMcJesus

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
It's a minor detail, but the "wrong" striping just ruins it for me. Oilers are white / orange / white...the way it's been since 1975. You just don't mess with that.

If we have to go with that concept, the white and orange should absolutely be reversed, just like on every blue jersey the Oilers have ever had (white - orange/copper - white). But ideally we return to the classic royal blues for our third and eventually get back to the (perfect imo) 2016-2017 set.
This. Can someone photoshop the concepts reversing the white and the orange?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
df7rmpzuwaaayiq-jpg.125757
oilers_edit-jpg.125775

Here's a comparison of the Navy jerseys with the stripes reversed. I think I prefer white/orange/white.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Obviously an incredibly crude photoshop, but do you prefer it with the orange shoulder patch or without it? View attachment 125843

I prefer the traditional striping BUT with the orange thin stripe on the shoulder from the original mock up (not full orange yokes). Having shoulder yokes is too much orange, having nothing there at all is too plain, the little orange stripe is a decent touch I think.

Can someone mock that up? lol.

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
Obviously an incredibly crude photoshop, but do you prefer it with the orange shoulder patch or without it? View attachment 125843

Left jersey is kind of what I was envisioning when I posted the kids sweater a couple of days ago. Basically our 2000s era sweater but with no red, and orange instead of copper. That is a beautiful sweater. Bring back the "Rigger" shoulder patch and we would be set.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

This was reported on Icethetics' JerseyWatch today. Not sure how reliable the tweet is though.

So the Oilers are participating in a Heritage Classic from the looks of things if that's legit.

Also seems like there might be two blue jerseys next year ... Vintage blue for the Heritage classic and a regular blue "3rd" jersey (dark navy blue I would guess).

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
So the Oilers are participating in a Heritage Classic from the looks of things if that's legit.

Also seems like there might be two blue jerseys next year ... Vintage blue for the Heritage classic and a regular blue "3rd" jersey (dark navy blue I would guess).

I'm not quite sure if Heritage jersey = Heritage Classic jersey.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Dont get excited about the bump. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

Would be weird to release it in camp. Maybe they are waiting for Europe to bring em back?

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Yes, this.

I am not a fan of these navy jerseys. I won't ever buy one

I think the navy ones are the nicest in team history. Those 06 cup run jerseys were as the kids say straight fire.

Copper and blue over the retros any day except for those horrid rbk edge jerseys which should die in a fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad