Proposal: Oilers/Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm not sure if Draisaitl is wanted by most of the league or Edmonton fans really want to give him away. Also, you don't trade Svech unless its for Dahlin and that seems pretty obvious to me.

OP is not an Oiler fan. Oiler fans wouldn’t give you Draisaitl if you gave us Aho++.

You don’t trade big young defensively responsible 70+ point centres that are 55% on the draw. He’s been compared to Kopitar since his draft year and that comparison looks bang on.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Svech is a high end prospect which is enticing, Bean is terrible. WJC the worst player on the team was Bean, he was constantly outskated and outmuscled for the puck. He hasn't even reached the NHL playing for a rebuilding team.

No chance the Oilers make this deal unless Slavin + Svech is part of the deal.

Obviously we’d do Slavin and Svechnikov but I can’t think of much else the Hurricanes own that could entice Edmonton into giving up Leon.

Reactions: Patagonia

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That's just crazy...CAR won't do Svech or Slavin alone for him, let alone both. Silly

This isn’t about what you want. If you’re coming to us saying ‘we want draisaitl’ and the best piece you’re offering is a winger that hasn’t played a single NHL game, you’re being told to scram. We’re not interested in magic beans or roster downgrades.

There is absolutely no combination of lesser assets that results in Draisaitl a Hurricane.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
That's just crazy...CAR won't do Svech or Slavin alone for him, let alone both. Silly

This is the kind of stuff I am talking about. These CAR/EDM threads don't help anybody. I read this and I want to go off on this guy... and then Carolina fans would fire up in defense.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Ok, forget about the proposal, but that is one of the most uninformed comments I've seen in a while, and that says a lot. Canes have arguably the deepest defense in the NHL. Saying it's bad because Bean can't crack that line-up is ignorant.

Bean is heading to becoming a bust.

Canes obtained RHD-Hamilton for LHD-Hanifin. This led to an opportunity to promote a LHD. Instead, they signed injury prone LHD - De Hann 4 years @ $4.55M.

Don't understand the rational when Bean could have easily slid into the bottom pairing. Fleury could have been promoted to replace Hanifin and will remain on the 3rd line. CDH is now expected to replace Hanifin on the 2nd unit.

There is simply no room for Bean unless for injury call-up.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017

Canes obtained RHD-Hamilton for LHD-Hanifin. This led to an opportunity to promote a LHD. Instead, they signed injury prone LHD - De Hann 4 years @ $4.55M.

Don't understand the rational when Bean could have easily slid into the bottom pairing. Fleury could have been promoted to replace Hanifin and will remain on the 3rd line. CDH is now expected to replace Hanifin on the 2nd unit.

You implying Bean is ready for the NHL and Fleury can handle 2nd pairing. No to both.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Please, give us your expert analysis on Jake Bean as you no doubt watch him play a lot.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
This isn’t about what you want. If you’re coming to us saying ‘we want draisaitl’ and the best piece you’re offering is a winger that hasn’t played a single NHL game, you’re being told to scram. We’re not interested in magic beans or roster downgrades.

There is absolutely no combination of lesser assets that results in Draisaitl a Hurricane.
No one from CAR is comng to You for draisaitl. The OP was not a Canes fan. You'd be hard pressed to find a Canes fan ready to give up on Svech already, and Slavin's going nowhere with his sweet contract.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No one from CAR is comng to You for draisaitl. The OP was not a Canes fan. You'd be hard pressed to find a Canes fan ready to give up on Svech already, and Slavin's going nowhere with his sweet contract.

And you’re not likely to find an Oiler fan that’s willing to give up Draisaitl - period. He’s untouchable. So why these threads continue to pop up I don’t know.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

1) Your comment was he couldn't make it on a rebuilding team. That comment was very ill informed because regardless of the status of the Canes as an organization, they are very deep on defense.
2) Bean has been in Juniors and never played at the AHL/NHL level. Canes weren't going to count on sliding a guy that has no AHL/NHL experience into the line-up.
3) CDH was signed because the Canes weren't convinced Fleury could play in the top 4, not because they didn't have faith in Bean. Fleury played with Faulk last year and struggled at times so de Haan was signed to shore up the top 4.

Bean may very well never make it, but your posts continue to be ill informed. Other than Hanifin (which was a mistake sending him straight to the NHL post draft), the Canes have taken the route of sending all their defensemen to the AHL before coming to the NHL. Slavin and Pesce were even sent to the AHL their first season and only got forced into duty (but were older than Bean) because of injuries to Wiznewski, Murphy and Faulk that season. The Canes, IMO, are doing it right when it comes to defensemen. How Bean is used this year has zero bearing on his ability.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
And you’re not likely to find an Oiler fan that’s willing to give up Draisaitl - period. He’s untouchable. So why these threads continue to pop up I don’t know.

Either:
a) other fan bases have no clue about each team
-or-
b) other fan bases know that this will end in a pissing contest so they start the thread for that reason.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
No chance the Oilers make this deal unless Slavin + Svech is part of the deal.

Slavin is a 1D and possibly the best defensive defenseman in the Eastern Conference. I know Oilers fans may not see a lot of him, but I doubt the Canes entertain anything less than Drai straight-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad